Powerland 2021.(II) in the books

jbirds510

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

**Update** Ive been asked about event cancellation due to the virus issue, as of right now we are still on.  By June things will most likely be sorted out, HOWEVER, I'm setting the date of May 12th to be the final assessment date to determine whether we do or do not cancel/reschedule.

TWELVE WEEKS AWAY..Get your cars/trucks dialed in if they aren't already because 2020 is gonna be AWESOME!

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

**Update** Ive been asked about event cancellation due to the virus issue, as of right now we are still on.  By June things will most likely be sorted out, HOWEVER, I'm setting the date of May 12th to be the final assessment date to determine whether we do or do not cancel/reschedule.

TWELVE WEEKS AWAY..Get your cars/trucks dialed in if they aren't already because 2020 is gonna be AWESOME!

It was made in china, it wont last.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, hobospyder said:

Booooooo

You would think it's far enough out where we dont have to worry about it

well so far ive seen or heard nothing to give the impression they will be closed but Junes is still pretty far away, perhaps they are just waiting, just like us. They are closed until April every year anyway.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

well so far ive seen or heard nothing to give the impression they will be closed but Junes is still pretty far away, perhaps they are just waiting, just like us. They are closed until April every year anyway.

Looking at the age of the people running the park last year, its easy to see, they are going to be extremely cautious. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

I trust JBirds will stay informed with Powerland and that he will reschedule to the first available date if the event date has to be cancelled.

I am sure he will keep us posted too - no need to speculate, he's on the job!

I will come no matter what date it gets rescheduled to - of course hoping for the first available summer weekend.

Working on this and hope it will be ready. ☺️

49688779928_b4f6b7ef36_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Update: The venue is officially closed to the public. This was to be expected as the congregation rule was put in place a while back. This announcement comes late because they were closed for the winter and they wouldn't open until 4/1 ordinarily anyway.

This status is based on Oregon's shelter in place order and the national recommendation that non essential business's close for the safety of its employee's.

At this point its fairly safe to assume that by June much if not all of this will be behind us or at least not a critical health risk as people will have adapted to exercising social distancing and increased sanitation as a norm.

I'm CONFIDENT at this point in saying our event is late enough into the season that the venue will most likely be open by then and we can still enjoy our much looked forward to event.

Should any further information come my way i'll update as that transpires. thanks. -Jbird

• Like 3

We are all dying to get out!  I go from home to work and back mon-fri I feel lucky we haven't had any major changes at the shop only having the front office closed to customers, and cars are being sterilized before entering the shop.  I hear the health department is going around business to business to see if everyone is following the 6ft distance guidelines.  I hope this goes away soon.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, the510keeper said:

Lets just all hope this crap is over by then and we can smile, drool, and laugh. 

Absolutely.

Also, assuming it is on, I probably will have a parts list to send you for 510 parts for my 4dr to buy. Assuming I ever get off my ass and make the list.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Absolutely.

Also, assuming it is on, I probably will have a parts list to send you for 510 parts for my 4dr to buy. Assuming I ever get off my ass and make the list.

Not gonna happen hahahah

18 hours ago, the510keeper said:

Lets just all hope this crap is over by then and we can smile, drool, and laugh. 

absolutely...

• Like 1
On 3/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, rosso said:

I trust JBirds will stay informed with Powerland and that he will reschedule to the first available date if the event date has to be cancelled.

I am sure he will keep us posted too - no need to speculate, he's on the job!

I will come no matter what date it gets rescheduled to - of course hoping for the first available summer weekend.

Working on this and hope it will be ready. ☺️

49688779928_b4f6b7ef36_o.jpg

NIIIIIICE! VG33S! Where in the heck did you find a saudi distributor!?

• Like 3
  • jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2021.(II) in the books