Powerland 2021.(II) in the books

jbirds510

3 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Looks really fast even sitting still. Bet it would be really something to make a few laps behind the wheel!

Pretty sure this is still the CGI rendering of how Miura-san's truck will look once finished (notice there is no tread on the tires even though it's sitting still) and the reflections in some other angles are not 'right'. 

That being said, here is the current status: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/tokyo-auto-salon-japanese-tradition-in-car-form/ (or last ive seen pictures of it)

114YI-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

118GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

120GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 3
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I’ve got shirts lined up, just T shirts for now. Might do some hoodies too if there’s much demand for them, still looking for a sticker guy if anyone out there does stickers please message me. So as of right now I’m trying to do a package. 1 shirt 2 stickers and a dash plaque for 20ish. Thoughts?

• Like 5
On 6/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, jbirds510 said:

Ok I’ve got shirts lined up, just T shirts for now. Might do some hoodies too if there’s much demand for them, still looking for a sticker guy if anyone out there does stickers please message me. So as of right now I’m trying to do a package. 1 shirt 2 stickers and a dash plaque for 20ish. Thoughts?

sounds more than fair to me 

• Like 2
On 6/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, jbirds510 said:

PM sent.

• Like 2
On 6/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, BrothersGarage said:

Pretty sure this is still the CGI rendering of how Miura-san's truck will look once finished (notice there is no tread on the tires even though it's sitting still) and the reflections in some other angles are not 'right'. 

That being said, here is the current status: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/tokyo-auto-salon-japanese-tradition-in-car-form/ (or last ive seen pictures of it)

114YI-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

118GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

120GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

This same 521 belonged to one of my buddies that made it to Canby then he moved to L.A and a few years later sold it to a broker who sold it to miura-san.

• Like 4

I had to chuckle a bit on the first vide(blue) at 11:21....the big gap between the end of the steering column and the steering wheel.  Both are very nice trucks.  The put power assist on the brakes of the blue one and not on the red one.  I'd like to see the brake assemblies on both of them. Blue has 4 lug...red 6.  These may be better in the 521 section than in Powerland.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I look forward to exploring more of powerland next year.  And actually bringing one of my datsuns since Art's carb should be done by then ( hope to god)  and purple should be painted by then ( hope to god) lol. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Kevin(Bleach) and I have known each other online since before ratsun.net or the first Canby.  He had a thread going with info about the front brakes that got me started on the disc conversions.  He was also the one to suggest the Trooper for the rears. I went to the scrapyard to check it out...did a preliminary check, bought the parts, came home and proved they would work.  Brandon(Fineline) then went and got the parts, figured out the brackets....the turned the bracket design over to Jason(beebani) to cut.....then Brandon gave the design to Jason who's been making them ever since.  Anyone driving on disc brakes, front or rear, should know Keven was at the core of their creation. :)

• Like 4
13 hours ago, hang_510 said:

Your vehicle must have a part from any Z to enter.

my hub caps have a Z on them. C'mon in!!! 🍺

my car has a z tranny im in 

i think the 410/411 guys get the day mixed up and say 420 friendly show ?

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 1
  • jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2021.(II) in the books