jbirds510

Powerland 2020!

3 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Looks really fast even sitting still. Bet it would be really something to make a few laps behind the wheel!

Pretty sure this is still the CGI rendering of how Miura-san's truck will look once finished (notice there is no tread on the tires even though it's sitting still) and the reflections in some other angles are not 'right'. 

That being said, here is the current status: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/tokyo-auto-salon-japanese-tradition-in-car-form/ (or last ive seen pictures of it)

114YI-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

118GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

120GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 3

Ok I’ve got shirts lined up, just T shirts for now. Might do some hoodies too if there’s much demand for them, still looking for a sticker guy if anyone out there does stickers please message me. So as of right now I’m trying to do a package. 1 shirt 2 stickers and a dash plaque for 20ish. Thoughts?

• Like 5

On 6/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, jbirds510 said:

Ok I’ve got shirts lined up, just T shirts for now. Might do some hoodies too if there’s much demand for them, still looking for a sticker guy if anyone out there does stickers please message me. So as of right now I’m trying to do a package. 1 shirt 2 stickers and a dash plaque for 20ish. Thoughts?

sounds more than fair to me 

• Like 2

Is there any shirts left from the last show? would like to purchase a couple XXLs.

• Like 2

I have a bunch of ratsun hoodies, there wasn't really any powerland themed shirts this year. 

• Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, jbirds510 said:

PM sent.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Is there any shirts left from the last show? would like to purchase a couple XXLs.

There will be shirts for next year but as redeye said unfortunately my shirt guy fell through too late in the game to get some made for 19’

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, BrothersGarage said:

Pretty sure this is still the CGI rendering of how Miura-san's truck will look once finished (notice there is no tread on the tires even though it's sitting still) and the reflections in some other angles are not 'right'. 

That being said, here is the current status: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/tokyo-auto-salon-japanese-tradition-in-car-form/ (or last ive seen pictures of it)

114YI-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

118GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

120GC-Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2019-Datsun-521-R

This same 521 belonged to one of my buddies that made it to Canby then he moved to L.A and a few years later sold it to a broker who sold it to miura-san.

• Like 4

Not the same truck, but I just came across this - looks like someone likes that render lol:

edit: i say that and then I come across this, yay insomnia!

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2

I had to chuckle a bit on the first vide(blue) at 11:21....the big gap between the end of the steering column and the steering wheel.  Both are very nice trucks.  The put power assist on the brakes of the blue one and not on the red one.  I'd like to see the brake assemblies on both of them. Blue has 4 lug...red 6.  These may be better in the 521 section than in Powerland.

• Like 2

CF3-FD5-C5-34-BD-4839-9-F4-F-94-FEA2-AC6

Please share and tell a friend !

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 4

Much better truck choice IMO. :)  

• Like 2