Powerland 2021.(II) in the books

jbirds510

As promised. The venue contract has been completed and the dates finalized!

dates: June 13-14 at https://g.co/kgs/gBsGmi

NEW this year will be camping on the grounds both Friday the 12th AND Saturday the 13th

cost is $8.00 for 1 day or $15.00 for both days entrance fee. $10 tent camping $25 rv spot (20 amp power and water).

Cost to enter a vehicle into the show: FREE

Cost for a swapmeet spot: FREE

Vender spots: FREE. 

What you get for your $8/15, 1 full day or 2 full days of access to the show and also if you’d like to walk around the venue there are also 14 various museums on the grounds that you’ll have access to. These Musuems typically ask for a small donation and that’s voluntary.

dogs welcome, family’s encouraged. There are showers at our disposal as well.

I negotiated the same price table as last year and again 100% of that goes to the venue to support the facility and keep it open for the public to enjoy for years to come while still staying affordable to anyone and everyone who may want to participate.

the event will be the same as last year for the most part, however...after talking with many people about what they would like to see this year would be, Sundays judging and awards ceremony more formal got suggested so we’ll be doing that with several more classes being added. An actual raffle was brought up and that may happen this year if enough people donate items to raffle. Contact me if you do please and also shirts and stickers. This is something I am definitely going to make happen. It will be predominantly done on a preorder basis starting in late April but there will be a limited number available at the show also.

as much as I tried to turn down $ to support this I did get a couple non refundable donations toward this upcoming years event so thank you for that!

If interested please save the dates 

• Like 14
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will mark it on the 'Holidays' area on the white board at work.

4 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

NEW this year will be camping on the grounds both Friday the 12th AND Saturday the 13th

cost is $8.00 for 1 day or $15.00 for both days entrance fee. $10 tent camping $25 rv spot (20 amp power and water).

Cost to enter a vehicle into the show: FREE

Cost for a swapmeet spot: FREE

Vender spots: FREE. 

What you get for your $8/15, 1 full day or 2 full days of access to the show and also if you’d like to walk around the venue there are also 14 various museums on the grounds that you’ll have access to. These Musuems typically ask for a small donation and that’s voluntary.

dogs welcome, family’s encouraged. There are showers at our disposal as well.

So how hard would this have been for DNW to do?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Suggestion, post some rules about being respectful of the venue while on site, specifically at night. Lots of stuff around and would hate to see some knuckleheads do something that would  make us not welcome going forward. This year everyone was very respectful of the venue. Especially as the event grows. Or have a few volunteers help keep an eye on things. I know the on site staff were roaming the grounds to keep watch, but it's a big area. I guess we did have to sign a few documents when we entered the grounds.. so I dunno maybe that's good enough.

I just know Canby got a pretty fucking nuts at times.

I'm already planning on going both nights in 2020. 

Raffles are a great idea. Shirts would be super cool too. Feel free to reach out for volunteers to help you out with things. Trophies, shirts.. whatever. 

• Like 12
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Well one dude put on a 2 day show.. great turn out and everyone had a great time. Already has the next event locked in and it's the ONE day after the show ended.. so. 

Not to say it's easy. Just saying Jbird is killin' it!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Agree with everything @Draker said. Canby, while fun, was insane at times. And who knows how the location would handle such things. 

Not saying we need "deputized datsun dudes" but gotta make sure as it grows it remains welcome. 

Shirts, 100%, camping both days next year. 

• Like 7
On 6/11/2019 at 7:34 PM, datzenmike said:

Will mark it on the 'Holidays' area on the white board at work.

from what i saw DNW had no interest in doing the show anymore 

i heard not enough he;lpers and volunteers mostly 

then the cost of the venue 

and well other reasons came up too 

Canby was awesome and i will miss it BUT 

This was also awesome 

a low key show and we had a blast it will only get better 

and i didnt miss the renaissance people either 

• Like 7

Highlights of Canby past...

Hood surfing

Taser Olympics (record held by The 510 Keeper with a shock to the nuts)

Mud bogs

Ass pennies

The 'smoke house'

Canby wedding

Engine re-build & swap (with 2x4)

Laser light show

• Like 7
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Highlights of Canby past...

Hood surfing

Taser Olympics (record held by The 510 Keeper with a shock to the nuts)

Mud bogs

Ass pennies

The 'smoke house'

Canby wedding

Engine re-build & swap (with 2x4)

Laser light show

How dare you leave out Gary Oldman SMH

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

And jbird proving he doesnt know about Gary oldman. That story was not told this last weekend

Lol, it's definitely a true canby story, and jbird that's more of an in person kind of story. I will tell it to you power land 2020!

• Like 3

I'm in for Powerland 2020 - this year was great and thanks again Jay!

Now my goal is to have the VG33 swap done in my 510 wagon. There, I said it. Challenge laid down to myself.

I'm too old to camp anymore, so will be in the motel in Salem again Saturday night in a comfy bed. :-)

Thanks to all the vendors who came out, I had a great time scouring the stuff and scored a set of wheels.

• Like 5
  • jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2021.(II) in the books