jbirds510

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/21/2020 at 1:33 AM, gene knight said:

anyone staying at hotels instead of the campsite?

staying near by we bring three puppies and all their gear so camping stuff is a bit to much 

hotel it is 

last year i stayed at hotel because i didnt want to set up camp at jbirds then set up again at powerland 

this year no excuse but the dogs stuff and im getting older 

• Like 1

so after much consideration i won't bring grimace for a few reasons. 1. i don't have an enclosed trailer. 2. just freshly painted and i don't think i will have time to get it all road ready and put back together.  3. speed limits in california are limited when driving while towing and it will cost more in gas if just driving w/o trailer   4. i don't want 510keeper to drool all over it when i stop by his house....lol

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1

mrbigtanker: i am planning on using the I-10 west from phoenix to the 210 freeway then catch the I-5 north. idk where you live so we can caravan. i am planning on leaving on thursday the 11th early in the morning and hope to get to 510keepers house that afternoon/evening he told me about the pre- powerland party at his place on that day

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, gene knight said:

mrbigtanker: i am planning on using the I-10 west from phoenix to the 210 freeway then catch the I-5 north. idk where you live so we can caravan. i am planning on leaving on thursday the 11th early in the morning and hope to get to 510keepers house that afternoon/evening he told me about the pre- powerland party at his place on that day

Im in corona area and about 5 miles from the 10/15 freeways. But James house, man thats scary.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

Wonder how many PL’s will make the PL this year..Im bringing my WPL. 🙂

hopefully g o v e n o r n e w s a n c e will release the lockdown

if i go out of state they might q u a r a n t e e n e me for 14 days 

• Like 1

in case i can not get anyone from phoenix to roll with me, i will have room in my silverado crewcab if anyone needs a ride and is willing to help out on expenses i.e. driving, gas/snacks. let me know

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
On 4/22/2020 at 7:00 AM, gene knight said:

4perrev: what kind of condition? bring it anyway i might be in market for a spare 521  but will have to get trailer if i dont bring my 521

I have it up on the classified section and you can also see my build in my signature link.  Although, some of the pics are misplaced due to f#$kitbucket.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gene knight said:

4perrev: the blue 521 with bald ferret logo on drivers door

Tried to PM'd ya, no go.  It is the one with the bald ferret on the side.  that was put on there to look weathered and can be removed very easily.  I will probably pull it off before bringing her down to Powerland (If it is still a go).

Edited by 4perrev
7 hours ago, MicroMachinery said:

Outlook Not So Good

20150601_195900_zpscf45f28a.jpg

Well see but as of now The venue and I both agree the SIP will no doubt be lifted. It will still be up to each person to respect others personal space, obviously. Well know beyond a doubt by the end of may but for now Im sayin lets stay optimistic because a summer without cars stuff is to me unthinkable 😊

• Like 6
3 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Well see but as of now The venue and I both agree the SIP will no doubt be lifted. It will still be up to each person to respect others personal space, obviously. Well know beyond a doubt by the end of may but for now Im sayin lets stay optimistic because a summer without cars stuff is to me unthinkable 😊

Oh, definitely. I wasn't talking about the event.. I was more referring to my tire.

• Like 2

anyone in the sac-town area that is going and has room or needs a someone to ride along/keep them alert for the drive to the event?

Edited by gene knight
On 4/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, MicroMachinery said:

Oh, definitely. I wasn't talking about the event.. I was more referring to my tire.

that tire has been flat for 3 or 4 years 

possibly longer 

• jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2021.(II) in the books