Weight of Standard Cab Bed, Standard Frame

620slodat

What is the weight of a standard length bed for a 620?Just curious as I need to plan ahead for pulling the bed and want to choose how to do that. If three people can handle the task I have myself, my son and my daughter. Otherwise, I will need to rig up a lift of some sorts.

Don

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three is plenty. I bought a bed with several gallons in the tank. They loaded it into my flatbed 620 but I got it off and 'walked' it past the house and into the back yard. Mostly it's awkward.

• Like 1

I lifted the bed off my 73 with the assistance of 1 other guy. Real easy, no hassle other than making sure it was high enough to clear the wheel arches in the frame. Currently sits on 2 wooden furniture dollies from harbor freight and gets pushed around in the shop

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies. It may be a little bit of time before I can get to this as i have a lot of projects to deal with now that the sun finally came out (garden, other plants, etc). But, you have eased my mind. I actually made a little progress yesterday. It was because I had to move the frame (now closer to the 620 that is supplying the bed) in order to access the huge pile of brush and weeds that have piled up in order to burn it.

Don

• Like 1

A couple of guys can lift it off.  I do it by myself with my engine hoist.  Lift it off with the hoist roll the old chassis out and roll the new chassis under it.  Use a tag line on it to keep the suspended bed from turning.