AC install 83

Madkaw

On 5/30/2019 at 12:23 AM, Madkaw said:

So here are the harness ends of the wiring. I actually just hacked out the harness on the parts truck in the HVAC area . You can see the plugs relating to what I was talking about on the last post.

7517-E1-FB-86-E2-4188-A661-DB820-F92278-

EB6158-FB-4012-4-AD2-A0-E6-6-AE505941268

Now these connectors on my truck I don’t think they hooked to anything previously, but they do look like they are supposed to plug into the evaporator box . The white wire is just a loop wire ? Is it a fusible link maybe? 

54-D48783-4-F62-4-F33-9-F05-929-E7913229

5-BF7-A8-BD-6-A3-E-4842-87-EB-C13-E37-C9

My setup looks EXACTLY like this.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't make sense,  which is what you have probably said a few times...

If you say you have 12v in and out of the pressure switches there has to be something between the pressure switches and the compressor that is failing.

I have a simpler aftermarket system but the wiring goes from the switch inside,  through the pressure switch and then to the compressor.... 

Crashtd420@ Thanks for helping so far. I followed this same diagram on my FSM and all three locations where the red wire is, from the relay plug to the compressor lead and to the FICD wire which all share the same line, all read 7v. I’m thinking with the AC relay connected this would then give me the 12v I need for the compressor. I just need someone to confirm that. Until then I’ll just have to wait in a few days when I finally hook it up.

1 minute ago, WestPac720 said:

Crashtd420@ Thanks for helping so far. I followed this same diagram on my FSM and all three locations where the red wire is, from the relay plug to the compressor lead and to the FICD wire which all share the same line, all read 7v. I’m thinking with the AC relay connected this would then give me the 12v I need for the compressor. I just need someone to confirm that. Until then I’ll just have to wait in a few days when I finally hook it up.

Sounds like the relay to me...

Do you have 12v on that L color wire?

41 minutes ago, WestPac720 said:

The bigger gauge blue wire, Yes I do sir.

So if you have 12v going in but only 7v coming out... 

R/L should be power from the pressure switches which you said you have 12v...  

R/G seems like the negative signal from the dash switch to activate the relay, make sure that works too...

If those all check out which it seems like they do, then it is the relay..

13 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

R/G seems like the negative signal from the dash switch to activate the relay, make sure that works too...

Got it. I’ll chk that in the a.m. Txs!

• Like 1

I Put a Brandnew oem ac relay in but I’m still getting low voltage (7.55v) at the AC compressor lead wire (red). Any idea what may be causing the low voltage reading? Also I have the dash and the dash harness all taken out so I have better access to the AC components and wiring. Is it possible that the dash harness share a ground that is keeping or preventing the AC compressor power line from not getting the full 12v as it should? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I’ve tried jumping the blue wire and the red together and the lead to the compressor gives me the 12v which only indicates to me that there is no break in the line. I’ve also tested continuity on the red wire from the relay to the compressor and FICD just to be sure. All three points appear to be intact. 

Just now, WestPac720 said:

I tested the new OEM relay which appears to be working. Correct, I do not get voltage when the AC is not activated. With the AC relay installed I do not hear the clicking sound that it should be making. I’ll have to double chk on that again.

Did you ever test the other two wires going to the relay ?

On 1/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, Crashtd420 said: