280zx with 6.0 lsx

The newest semi complete toy is here!

EJvjzX.jpg

It's a 1982 280zx turbo that somewhere along the line had an all aluminum 6.0 lsx engine swapped in, it's fairly stock but has a build 4l60e behind it. 

yxU8Md.jpg

The interior was originally red but the previous owner went through and swapped everything out for black and put a set of rx8 seats in, surprisingly doesn't look too bad! 

CtDDhP.jpg

Suspension wise its had s13 coilovers swapped on so the car is sitting as high as itll go in these pictures. Initial plans are to finish up some small nitpicky stuff, springs are too soft in the rear and has a few small wiring things to clean up then get a new set of wheels and tires. Current wheels have 2.25" spacers and are 14x6 with 195 70s so as you can imagine they get turned into smoke pretty easy. Still deciding what wheels and tires to throw on then this thing is going low, needs an air dam and skirts bad aswell, if you followed any of my other builds you know engine work is obviously to come aswell 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been very busy at work so havent been able to update this much. 

Fixed some small wiring issues and threw some 10k springs in the rear, still feels like I could go heavier so may have to order a set of swifts here soon. 

CMxqSg.jpg

The big news was finally grabbed some wheels! 

tSNeAK.jpg

15x9 -15 with 205/50s up front with a small spacer and 15x10 -36 225/50s on the rear. Fenders needed a good roll, upper inner lip flattened in the rear, and a bit of a pull to make everything fit nicely. 

MVVSX3.jpg

Will grab some pictures tomorrow of the wheels and tires mounted, as we were finishing up the rears a nasty thunder storm rolled in and just got the tools and car inside before it started pouring. 

• Like 3

The picture I promised! Before anyone bashes it too hard the white was pretty rough, door guards were falling off and taking paint with them, and when we pulled the fenders a good amount cracked so said screw it and gave it a quick driveway paintjob for this summer, may give it a proper one this winter. 

dPRbAM.jpg

Need to grab an air dam and skirts soon so it actually looks as low as it is, frame rails are around 2" off the ground now

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Messed around with a few small things lately, got my fuel gauge working (gauge was hooked up to the old pump leads instead of the sending unit by a previous owner haha) fixed the trans crossmember and cleaned up the engine bay some

kzbUbO.jpg

A nicer picture of how it sits atm. I really need to get that dam and skirts ordered 

ur6f1f.jpg

Biggest issue at the moment is a fairly bad trans leak. Messed around with some cooler lines that didnt end up being the problem but while under the car noticed the trans dipstick has been cut off and the uncapped tube left about 4" long. Fingers crossed it's just coming out of there and it's not my input shaft....

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...