junkyard find (not L18), or SSS, or,??

a car friend died. his family was throwing everything away. I spotted this engine and disc brake rearend. when I ask, they decided it was worth something. I bought it for a wall hanger, being unique, along with the rearend. was setting outside, so was stuck. it has the dual carbs with flat air cleaners, 6 bolt flywheel, alternator, header, etc. no idea what year or what it came out of. anybody out there, know?? might be for sale if price is right.. located in alliance, nebr... fnlasn@yahoolcom... cell 308-760-1396.. would like to know more about it before I sell or keep it... tnx.. junkman.. I see I cant upload any photos.. email me if you want to see photos..

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find and join a picture hosting site (like, but not restricted to) imgur. Get a free account and load your picture(s) there. Copy the picture information, bring here and past it. If you sell 'junk' on line you need to be able to post pictures anyway.

T is Nissan speak for turbo which the L18s were not. Are you sure it's an L18? The engine ID is stamped into the top edge of the block just below the head above the starter. The 6 bolt crankshaft could be an L20B.

im thinking a15 

thermostat cover or water inlet above the waterpump looks wrong for a12 at least and i think wrong for a 14 but not sure 

Edited by Ranman72

The engine ID is stamped into the right side of the block. I'm not sure exactly where.

IF it was an A12 it has to be the later one from a 210. The early one was on the 1200 but not the B-210 and had the distributor nearer the front. I don't think it's an A12.

• Like 1