It just doesn’t look right 😟

BLUESTEAL

Hopped in Ol’ Blue, ( 1985 720 2x4 standard cab, short bed) drove about 200 yards and heard a sound similar to a spring that sprung. BUNG...stopped, hopped out and didn’t notice and thing broken or hanging down, so went on my merry way. Didn’t seem to handel any different. Got back home and noticed he was leaning to the passenger side a little bit !!  Whaaat!!!, what gives?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawled under there and no visible harm done and nothing loose, all nuts and components still solid and not shaking around. Bushings all less than 2 yrs. old, put in the neoprene versions when I replaced the upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends. I didn’t replace the A arm bushings though, looked ok. Had the realignment done at the dealer and they said I was good to go.

What’s the procedure for pulling out the torsion bars and checking those guys out? More trouble than its worth to get “IREENE” back level again ???...

• Like 2

The adjusting can be a little tricky.Tighten then roll back and forth to let things settle. Once everything is level get it aligned. I know you just had it aligned but any time you change the torsion bars it throws the front end out of whack. If stock you may be ok to just level it. Back in the day shops used to offer a $70 lifetime alignment I may be cause this is no longer offered because I have had My 720 31yrs.The 720 front end is a complex mess, lots of joints to add play into the system.

• Like 2