Greaser2

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This weekends project, relocate a battery under the bed. Found a small battery, XS Power D925 and battery box that would fit. Fabbed a bracket to mount it between two bed supports. Need a couple of cables to finish it up. 

cNrYJwv.jpg

JCVzOvD.jpg

From the outside, passenger. 

80TVfCJ.jpg

From the inside 

TyxnyyH.jpg

• Like 2

Positive jumper to the starter lug and negative to the bumper or anywhere on the block.  The alternator is connected to the positive battery terminal through a fusible link, I wouldn't. Starters can draw hundreds of amps. 

On 7/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, wayno said:

Some folks don't care if stuff drags, I have seen photos of the lower shock mount/shock stud almost completely ground off from dragging on the ground.

They aren't old fucks like you and me. All that maters to them is looks. Same with mad front camber that grinds the tires away and makes it unsafe.

36peo5.jpg

• Like 1

I hope that battery is going to be strapped down as well. go over some big bumps and it will touch the under bed causing a short. At least form the pics  it looks like it. Looking good though.

Also get those kick panels covered in the same material as the door panels and seat, im sure your doing carpet as well,. Looking good.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

I hope that battery is going to be strapped down as well. go over some big bumps and it will touch the under bed causing a short. At least form the pics  it looks like it. Looking good though.

Also get those kick panels covered in the same material as the door panels and seat, im sure your doing carpet as well,. Looking good.

Some Tek screws through the bottom of the battery box into the battery will work a treat

• Like 1
5 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Be hones its a cool idea but lucky yu live in dry Texas as up in Washing it would see to much water corrosion issue.

all 521 have that one wire that come off the battery. You just make a longer wire?

Yep. One long wire. Ground the block to the frame and a feed to the fuse block

Edited by Greaser2
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am struggling with door seals for my sons 521. We bought new seals about 2.5 years ago, will have to look back at our records as to where we bought them. Installed them before the doors were hung, once doors were on they wouldn’t fully latch, rubbers are a little to thick.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a RHD wiper assembly short the wiper motor, a long time ago I was going to make either my 521 kingcab or 520 ute into a RHD but I was never able to find a RHD power steering gear for my chassis so I gave up on the idea, I like power steering a lot.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Shawn Abbey said:

Gosh!  You have the exact mirrors I’m looking for!  Le t me know if you plan to replace them!

Are u referring to the bulky original side mirrors in my first post?  Their not in good shape so I took them off. If you want them u can have them. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...