Mrbigtanker flew the Coupe. Finally

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

removing old sealer and getting ready for some new rust sealer and then vinyl top.

hmmm... Just thinking out loud here, Ray.  

If you're going with a vinyl top, AND you're going to have the car painted down the road, you should maybe consider just putting a coat or two of paint on the roof for now.   The car will look much better when it's finished (IMHO) if there's no masking around the edges of the vinyl top.  You could find a shade of green that's somewhere near the shade of what's on there now.   IF you're going to drive it for a while "as-is" a new top might look a bit out of place on your "rat-rod" Coupe.  I can help you with it, as I'm not doing a whole lot lately.

Please feel free to take my advice with a grain if salt.  They are both worth about the same. 🙂

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

hmmm... Just thinking out loud here, Ray.  

If you're going with a vinyl top, AND you're going to have the car painted down the road, you should maybe consider just putting a coat or two of paint on the roof for now.   The car will look much better when it's finished (IMHO) if there's no masking around the edges of the vinyl top.  You could find a shade of green that's somewhere near the shade of what's on there now.   IF you're going to drive it for a while "as-is" a new top might look a bit out of place on your "rat-rod" Coupe.  I can help you with it, as I'm not doing a whole lot lately.

Please feel free to take my advice with a grain if salt.  They are both worth about the same. 🙂

Mark just doing a simple black top that Jose has ready to go. I want to try out any way and see if I am gay or not.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Mark just doing a simple black top that Jose has ready to go.

Sounds good.  Just throwing my $.02 in there..

20 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

I want to try out any way and see if I am gay or not.lol

Regardless of your sexual preferences, you're moving right along.  Looking forward to seeing it on the streets.

I just went back in your thread and found this pic.  The vinyl top might be more masculine than I imagined.  I've only seen just a very few Datsuns with a vinyl top, so it'll be pretty unique..

32882291627_b2151ec708_k.jpg

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 1
On 5/18/2020 at 9:40 AM, mrbigtanker said:

49907176186_77d9a48cd1_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

New top is on, never liked them as you get older I guess your taste changes. This car had one originally so why the fuck not.

Question as I am not in the know, is the pillar "SSS" badge on backwards? I saw another coupe like this so I am curious if they are supposed to match the angle of the pillar, or always sloping down left to right? (meaning passenger side emblem matches angle of pillar, while drivers side does not)

Edited by five1oh
4 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

switch is almost here I hole, got parts from Aussie land waiting on parts from Japan.

Oh no!  No switch!!!

No biggie at all, Bro.  I have that glove box piece for you.  Just remind me so I don't forget it next time we plan a meet and greet.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, five1oh said:

Question as I am not in the know, is the pillar "SSS" badge on backwards? I saw another coupe like this so I am curious if they are supposed to match the angle of the pillar, or always sloping down left to right? (meaning passenger side emblem matches angle of pillar, while drivers side does not)

Don’t know to be honest. Going back to the old picture it is the other way but seems I could not get the same way on other side. 

Edited by mrbigtanker
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 7:09 PM, mrbigtanker said:

49930444308_5428d4858a_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Got the windsheild in. Little video. Dam old NOS rubber ripped in 2 locations, oh well. 

I have to see the video of how you installed the windshield cause that is something I will need to do when I get to it. Never done one but there are some glass people around just got to find them. 

• Like 1