Mrbigtanker flew the Coupe. Finally

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Mikunis from WCR are almost certainly rebuilds. The plastic 90 degree vents on the float bowl is a race modification Todd did on rebuilds to keep them from flooding out during hard cornering. If you look under the jet cover you will see the OE vent path epoxied shut and there should be a "seal" added to the underside of the jet cover.

The manifold that came with the carbs is a Nissan Comp manifold. You will want to use it. The Mikuni manifold is too short to match the engine's power curve. The Mikuni Manifold was made short so the air cleaners would clear the brake master on a LHD cars. The short length will hamper performance. They also require a huge amount of port matching on most engines.

If you look at an FIA race head, that intake set-up also has a short manifold length, but generally the carbs run  75-100mm long air horns to lengthen the intake tract. The short runners on the Mikuni intake is too short for racing and way too short to properly work on a street engine.

Just an FYI 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dime Dave said:

Your Mikunis from WCR are almost certainly rebuilds. The plastic 90 degree vents on the float bowl is a race modification Todd did on rebuilds to keep them from flooding out during hard cornering. If you look under the jet cover you will see the OE vent path epoxied shut and there should be a "seal" added to the underside of the jet cover.

The manifold that came with the carbs is a Nissan Comp manifold. You will want to use it. The Mikuni manifold is too short to match the engine's power curve. The Mikuni Manifold was made short so the air cleaners would clear the brake master on a LHD cars. The short length will hamper performance. They also require a huge amount of port matching on most engines.

If you look at an FIA race head, that intake set-up also has a short manifold length, but generally the carbs run  75-100mm long air horns to lengthen the intake tract. The short runners on the Mikuni intake is too short for racing and way too short to properly work on a street engine.

Just an FYI 

Already had Kyushuhouse inspect them. Yes they are modified but brand new. No gas ever through them. And I have access to new tops to convert back to stock. Wolf creek build sheet came with them also. FYI 

18 hours ago, Dime Dave said:

Just an FYI 

So the typical dual Mikuni intake is no good for the street or the track?  Then what good are they if any at all? 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:26 AM, mrbigtanker said:

There will be no flares. It will Tuck, Andrew thinks he is the only one that has skills. lol

Tons of people can, and I am glad you ARE!!!!!!!!!  Stock body(ish) for life lol!

Better not be cactus green otherwise that will make two 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have that same heater in my wags.  Parts for it are always a major challenge.  Yours looks like it's in decent shape. 👍

I'm liking the heater/cigarette lighter combo, too....

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Last piece of the coupe that I needed. Now if I can finish the other 2 so I can start on this.

"Last piece of the coupe that I needed"....................along with a bunch of parts I didn't "need"  LOL 😂

Just messing with you man.......carry on 🙂 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Duncan said:

I have that same heater in my wags.  Parts for it are always a major challenge.  Yours looks like it's in decent shape. 👍

I'm liking the heater/cigarette lighter combo, too....

Its all rebuilt and ready to go. And that cigarette lighter is a vent diverter. lol

4 hours ago, five1oh said:

"Last piece of the coupe that I needed"....................along with a bunch of parts I didn't "need"  LOL 😂

Just messing with you man.......carry on 🙂 

You know you want it, trade you for the white 2 door. lol

• Like 3
16 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Its all rebuilt and ready to go. And that cigarette lighter is a vent diverter. lol

You know you want it, trade you for the white 2 door. lol

Of course I want IT!  One day maybe we can work a deal lol

• Like 1

I saw your steering wheel up for sale, very sweet.  You don't by any chance have a manifold for SU carbies do ya?  Need to find one for the Goon setup I'm doing.  The Coupe is looking bada$$!!