Jump to content
mrbigtanker

Mrbigtanker flew the Coupe. Finally

Recommended Posts

Are you taking it to JCCS?  Come on, man.  You can make it...

 

We can buff it out, and it'll pass inspection to get into the show.  :)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

Are you taking it to JCCS?  Come on, man.  You can make it...

 

We can buff it out, and it'll pass inspection to get into the show.  🙂

 

 

Lets do this shit.lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Also got my hands on a pair of 68 NOS fenders.

 

Ray,

You may want to measure the mounting holes on those fenders for the badges and the lights.  I got some early fenders from James thinking they were the same as on my wagon, but I ended up having to relocate all the holes.  I actually cut that section out of one of my old fenders, so a template does exist.  (We could also cut them out of yours if they're bad and need to be replaced.)

 

If I recall correctly, I had to move everything back about 1/2".

 

Sounds complicated, but it was actually pretty simple..

 

Don't know if the Coupe is the same location as my wagon, but you can see how much farther back the hole for the side marker light is then the one in your pic..  James would know.

 

cols1.jpg

 

And as usual, I could just be talking out my ass.  If so, then never mind....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Duncan said:

 

Ray,

You may want to measure the mounting holes on those fenders for the badges and the lights.  I got some early fenders from James thinking they were the same as on my wagon, but I ended up having to relocate all the holes.  I actually cut that section out of one of my old fenders, so a template does exist.  (We could also cut them out of yours if they're bad and need to be replaced.)

 

If I recall correctly, I had to move everything back about 1/2".

 

Sounds complicated, but it was actually pretty simple..

 

Don't know if the Coupe is the same location as my wagon, but you can see how much farther back the hole for the side marker light is then the one in your pic..  James would know.

 

cols1.jpg

 

And as usual, I could just be talking out my ass.  If so, then never mind....

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just checked and its the right fenders.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mrbigtanker said:

I just checked and its the right fenders.

 

Sweet.  👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I also found Bluebird Jimmys democratic mice living in my coupe. They are back at the border again.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post


 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:30 PM, mrbigtanker said:

 

 

48032627252_898155cf1e_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

 

 

Looking good!

 

Are you going to run the '68 SSS steering wheel or a Nardi or something else?

 

If you are not going to use it, it would look so awesome in Paul's '68 1400DX Bluebird.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, carterb said:


 

 

 

Looking good!

 

Are you going to run the '68 SSS steering wheel or a Nardi or something else?

 

If you are not going to use it, it would look so awesome in Paul's '68 1400DX Bluebird.

Im running my Watanabe wheel/ Falcon this one will just sit wrapped up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Im running my Watanabe wheel/ Falcon this one will just sit wrapped up.

 

Sorry Paul, I tired...  : )

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Asking for a friend for sure. (I would hang onto it too). Congrats on the Bluebird!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Congrats on the Coupe.  It is in a better place!!!  She's going to be awesome for sure!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.