• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

50797905376_8d5c38059a_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

50797905386_ae4ea90930_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Taka and John helped with some with install and machining of the Techno Toy front suspension and Micro Wilwood brake kit. There stuff is ok but does not fit worth a shit if you ask me. We had to machine the brake caliper brackets to fit the knuckle because they hit and some other stuff. Was not a direct bolt on that's for sure. Not done and this was all the pics I took.

• Like 3
On 10/11/2020 at 7:14 PM, mrbigtanker said:

50456010326_6273c696cc_4k.jpg by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Old people marker looks odd and cool all lite up on the coupe.

My coupe the side markers flash they don't act as side markers.  Did you change the wiring?  

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, thisismatt said:

Dude. lol

This brake kit will require swapping the front strut casings from side to side, putting the calipers on the front side of the vehicle for clearance of steering components

haha we know just seems stupid when a little material is removed it fits, again they over engineer things or you think they do.

Edited by mrbigtanker
  • Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Ill post pics later, when done. I am also using a left hand drive drag link and it all works. Everything works without flipping and and swapping and whatever.

LHD drag link?  Didn't know that was possible.  I just recycled a RHD one and a mountain of steering boxes.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Icehouse said:

LHD drag link?  Didn't know that was possible.  I just recycled a RHD one and a mountain of steering boxes.  

Dude I swear to god I was waiting for the first person to say something. Yes it works angle goes outward instead of inward, misses by 1-1/2' no problem. We worked the calipers bracket so not to flip the struts as Techno boys suggest and moved the spacers around for clearance. Works like a charm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 1/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Ill post pics later, when done. I am also using a left hand drive drag link and it all works. Everything works without flipping and and swapping and whatever.

Really?  They are a tapered fit.  I know because my wagon actually had a LHD link, and it would not align until I found a proper RHD one.  I am generally confused on that one..

9 hours ago, Duncan said:

Really?  They are a tapered fit.  I know because my wagon actually had a LHD link, and it would not align until I found a proper RHD one.  I am generally confused on that one..

If it was all stock then yes I’m sure it won’t work, however mines is drilled out for the techno toy tie rods.

• Like 1