Stoked- got me a sweet little 521

530-521

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Nice find! Same age as you still driving my 720 from then, just got home from a drive in it. Members only jackets, Drakjar noirs those were the days. But first put the headrests back on the seats, it only takes a slow speed rear ending to cause a fatal blow to the back of the head. I just dragged the 720 from Florida to Maine last week. Even though it has been my daily for 31 years I no longer felt safe driving it in modern traffic. Country roads from now on for the old truck. Glad your boy has enthusiasm for old Japanese but remember these old trucks are only a little safer than a motorcycle. This is a great start for a project and chance for your son to learn mechanics. So many people roll texting and driving now a days I wouldn't want anyone I care about driving old vehicles in modern traffic. I don't let my wife drive my 720 or 68 beetle. I will get off my soap box. Again great find and enjoy it!

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I see you have the quintessential 521 rear bed corner dents. Welcome to the club.

True. Those corner dents affect all sub species of Datsun trucks. I gave my old 620’s passenger one a fatty crease back in the day on my girlfriend’s dads device truck bumper.... I was young dumb and naive, and filled that canyonous hole with bondo. Didn’t even try to pull it out any... Saw the truck like 15 years later... with the dent, and the tumor of body filler gone... lol. I would've loved to see the reaction of whoever owned the truck at that time when it was noticed. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

About 380.00 plus shipping. The brackets are powder coated and bumpers are in chrome shop. Just waiting on them. 

Ok- I will Keep that in mind. My son would like to run those, if his truck comes through.

• Like 2

Damn, nice truck. The paint on the front end looks amazing. The JD bottle is pretty funny. The soda can ignition coil trick has been around for some time. I have a Moxie can on mine. And EI ignition to boot. One less thing to do.

• Like 2

I know- but... the tailgate on it doesn’t match the rest already, and this one is straighter, and I like the patina on my truck- and would never be able to match it ......and a lot of the Datsun trucks I see have had a tailgate transplant too, so...

I’m trying to embrace it.

• Like 2

I would run the other tail gate as it matches up the Patina better.

The Radiator is a Chinese clone Most likely a Champion and a a another name Opal is something like that, I have one. some have issues. Mine if I run a hotter stat it pisses out water like a sive. I stuck some Radiator stop in it. One has to use a spacers so it backs off the core surrport to make it work right(510s) also .

I just found another 521(Renton Washington) by my parents house sitting on sideof house.Im sure I could get it for 400$ but I cant take anymore cars in.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1