Stoked- got me a sweet little 521

530-521

What’s up guys- new here, and just picked up a ‘71 521. It needs a little love, but overall it’s pretty damn rad. I got pics- just gotta figure out how to post em. How the hell do I do it from an iPhone? *idiot*

I have a million questions, and have been reading a lot, and I’m pretty sure I know what direction I want this truck resto/build to go in... can’t wait to share my adventure...

John.

• Like 3
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome man. I have an iPhone too, and the easiest app I’ve found is Imgur. Post your photo on Imgur as hidden, then click on the picture, click on the little button bottom center and choose “copy link.” Then on your phone, you can just paste the link in your post and it’ll automatically format the URL for you.

zilT8B4.jpg

721LSRH.jpg

• Like 1

Nice- thank you Mainer311. Here she is-RyA5qTg.jpg

the original paint still has life!

Tn9K0YC.jpg

She runs really well, but leaks oil like a sieve. I’m not sure all the places the leaks are coming from, but I’m going to start with a valve cover gasket- since shutting off the dang waterfall will let me see what’s going on. 

Ill get some underhood pics up later

• Like 7

Thanks guys. I’m super amped. I had a ‘76 620 back in ‘87 when I was In high school. It was-...let’s just say my tastes have become more refined... I think. Haha.

Im 48 now, and my 15 year old son has it BAD for anything JDM- particularly Datsun’s. We've been scanning craigslist, and the local buy and sell papers for daaaays now and finally came up on this old girl. I paid $2500.. I think It’s fair- there’s not a lot out there, in our area- that’s not clapped to the max. Our neighbor has another 71 521- same color, that we have been thus far unsuccessful in coercing the sale of.... but we are not giving up yet.

I'm gonna take some underhood pics... and see if I can find a pic of my old ‘76- so you can all laugh.

-John

• Like 3

If temperature AND gas inoperative then probably the small plug in voltage regulator on the back of the instrument cluster.

If just the temperature gauge, turn ignition on and touch that sender wire to the thermostat housing and if the gauge is working it will read slowly to HOT.

If gauge tests good but does not read when connected to the wire the sender may be bad. Possibly connection is corroded.

• Like 2