81 510(a10) wiring diagram fuseable link

Where should I look here in forums for a under hood wiring diagram? Hot battery, alternator installed correctly, good ground cables,snug connections~~~only getting power to headlight circuit. Miss my stack of factory service manuals. Soon as I get juice to everything will dribble some fuel into intake and see if it hits. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

I'm almost certain they are the  two wires on a plug that is right at the battery positive side. 

about 4 inches long,,  plug on both ends. 

Yes....made a solid wire jumper & still no luck. I figured I'd ponder over diagram instead of poking terminals/wires with my meter test light aimlessly. Have had similar problem on a 720.,..jumper still on truck working..,...held together with a wirenut!

Think I have issue resolved. Missing valve cover to fire wall ground strap. Ground attachment @ battery box got warm to touch with parking lights on.....then everything came to life. Was in back yard, came around front found everything on.....poltergeist.No audio out of radio....speakers aren't connected😂

2019-05-09_10-05-42

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 5:01 AM, datsunwhacko520 said:

Think I have issue resolved. Missing valve cover to fire wall ground strap. Ground attachment @ battery box got warm to touch with parking lights on.....then everything came to life. Was in back yard, came around front found everything on.....poltergeist.No audio out of radio....speakers aren't connected😂

2019-05-09_10-05-42

poltergeist still lives....no park lights but headlights. Wait 5 min sometimes...30 min...sometimes open drivers door and whammo dash and park lights come on. No fuel gauge or temp....had temp gauge peg one time when I grounded sender lead. Not a flicker now. Gas full to within 15"" of cap. car never been smoked in...till NOW! Lighter works! First guy to use the ashtray.....closest thing to a new car ill ever have. Somehow or another I think a ground connection in dash or under hood the culprit. Need the good wiring diagram hard copy out of the factory service manual. Relay box behind drivers headlights on core support suspect as well.

Take the headlight switch out and spray clean it. Contacts are covered with dirt and old grease. Parking lights are separate form headlights.

Both temperature and gas gauges out is more likely the separate voltage regulator somewhere in the cluster. Take it out and look for a small set of points wrapped in a thin white wire. Fold a small length of emery cloth and place between the contacts and pull it out several times to polish and clean them.

• Thanks 1