Charlie69s 71 521 soon to be a quad cab Wayno convinced me

Charlie69

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might endup using the 85 720 king cab for the front and middle section if I can not get king pins done for a reasonable price.  I have located a set of king pins just need to get them installed.  If I do this I will cut the cab mounts off of the 521 and 520 chassis and clean off the 720 mounts on the 720 and set the cabs where they need to be on the 720 and weld the 521 & 520 cab mounts on in the neccessary places.  That reminds me I need to buy some new cab rubber mounts.  This would make the frame build much easier I think as I would only be working with the 85 720 king cab and the 520 frames to section together.

• Like 1

The 720 and the 520/521 frames are close enough to work.  I will get actual measurements when I get all the beds and the cabs pulled.

I purchased another 71 521 parts truck today for miscellaneous parts.  No fenders, bed, radiator support but has many parts I can use.  Trying to not cut up the 71 521 I purchased 2 weeks ago.  I am going to repair what I have to on it and sell it.

• Like 2

I am calling tomorrow about a 87 hardbody dually.  I hope I can make a deal on this as this would be pretty much the last large item I need for the quad cab build. 

I found out today that the titled 66 520 I was wanting to buy already sold so I will title it with my 67 520.

Stoffregen, The 720 frames are the same width as the 520/521 in the front and the engine compartment area.  When I get the cabs and beds off of the 67 520, the 71 521, the 85 720 King Cab, and the 90 Hardbody chassis I will take more frame comparison measurements, may be able to get some side by side comparison photos.

At this point the 90 hardbody frame looks like it came from outer space compared to the 520, 521, and 720 frames.

I will get some pictures Sunday when my neighbor Alex, towing company owner,  and I get the 521 cab and chassis I bought last week.

I will be working on my 66 520 wiring tonight and tomorrow.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 4

Oh I almost forgot these!

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

In case I decide not to run a 720 front frame section.

I feel this kit is far superior to the Beebani Brackets.  Too bad this is the last one, Mike has shut Bluehands down. 

My next brackets I would buy are the Krek's Brackets.  I hope I spelled that correctly, if not Juan will correct me at theSWDP Picnic on Audust 10th..

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 5

Found out the titled 66 520 is already sold so I guess I will title my 67 520 parts truck and run that title on the quad cab.  This truck will be built for towing my 520 on a trailer to shows. 

Move over Mr Tanker as you will have competion in the trailer queen catagorie at the shows.  Maybe we can get some pictures of the queens together at one of the SWDP Barbecues.  LOL

• Like 1

OR, ya'll could bring 'em to Williams in October.

You know where  Williams is right? Just leave your house, go to Flagstaff and turn left.

• Like 2

Williams is on my to do list this year.  Missed the last to years and I hope to make it this year even if it is with my beater 86 720.  Still looking for a dually rear end.  At this point I would be happy with a set of the wheels that look like duallies but are actually 1 piece wheels that take 2 tires.  But I still have time as I will finish my 66 520 before I start this build.  So I will just keep hoarding parts for this build.  I have stock piled 6 pairs of doors, 4 cabs, 2 beds, 4 frames not counting the 90 hardbody frame, 2 pairs of 521 fenders, and 2 pairs of 520 fenders.

It is fun colecting parts for builds. 

I am going to look into a local company that can make some sheet metal with the profile of the 520/521 doors.  If I can find this it will mean I will not have to use as many doors to build this.

• Like 1