521 speedogear

Greaser2

Just now, Greaser2 said:

Nope, I see the gear in yours. Mine is missing. Probably floating around in there somewhere. Hopefully it will go back on, not sure how to get a replacement if it’s broke.  

If your really stuck let me know..... I have a spare 4spd transmission I picked up for parts..... 

But since I upgraded to the stumpy 71b 5spd in my 521 I really dont need the extra 4spd as intended..... I still have the 4spd that was in the truck too.... that I'm keeping just incase....

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

If your really stuck let me know..... I have a spare 4spd transmission I picked up for parts..... 

But since I upgraded to the stumpy 71b 5spd in my 521 I really dont need the extra 4spd as intended..... I still have the 4spd that was in the truck too.... that I'm keeping just incase....

Cool thanks. I figured several of you have extra trans laying around. I plan on pulling the trans out in 2-6 months.   If anyone has a pic of the drive gear, would be great. Only one I’ve ever seen was from a BW ST10. 

Wasn’t too concerned about not having a working speedo but I got pulled over for speeding!!  Go figure. 

Edited by Greaser2
  • Like 1

Years ago early 80s i was pulled over for speeding in my 70 521.  I plead inocent and went to court.  The judge called me up to explain my side of the story and I handed him a picture of my 521.  The judge put his glasses on and then studied the picture for a minute, then he called the officer up and asked the officer if this was the truck I was pulled over in and the officer responded by saying do you have a picture of the license plate and I replied not with me.  The judge then asked the officer if it was the truck he pulled me over in and wrote the citation, and the officer was not sure.  Judge said case dismissed slammed down his gavel and we left the court.

The picture of my truck was when my brother and me were swapping in a Z20 5 speed and the truck had no wheels and was on 4 blocks with the hood off.  It was the truck I was pulled over in with the Z20 5 speed.

• Like 1