Wilwood front brake upgrade on 521?

Greaser2

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only thing to watch out for is what rim size fits the kit..... and how much you wanna spend..... 

Although mikeklotz is getting out of the game he makes a kit to fit behind 14s,

Beebani1028 ( ebay name) just beebani here setup fits 15s.....

I thought I read somewhere you had to run atleast a 16 or 17 with the willwood.... but I'm not 100% sure on that.... 

I used beebani's bracket...  works well , uses the d21 calipers... and I got a lifetime warranty on all the parts from the parts store.... 

• Like 3
On 5/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, Greaser2 said:

Any done the Wilwood front brake upgrade?  Opinions?

I have wilwood all the way around. 15’ wheels will clear. What do you want to know. First hung I will say is if your stock and not running a higher horsepower engine don’t do it. Unless you like wasting money. Are they better for stopping power. Of course they are. What else you want to know ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

I have wilwood all the way around. 15’ wheels will clear. What do you want to know. First hung I will say is if your stock and not running a higher horsepower engine don’t do it. Unless you like wasting money. Are they better for stopping power. Of course they are. What else you want to know ?

Coming from sports cars, the braking with drums is a big difference.  I know it will never break great but average will be nice. I just wondered if there are any surprises. Based on the info, it seems to be an easy upgrade to do. If I need a proportioning valve or booster that ls fine too but if not that’s great. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greaser2 said:

Coming from sports cars, the braking with drums is a big difference.  I know it will never break great but average will be nice. I just wondered if there are any surprises. Based on the info, it seems to be an easy upgrade to do. If I need a proportioning valve or booster that ls fine too but if not that’s great. 

Proportion valve is all you need. And I don’t know if my guy still makes them anymore. But his kits 15’was good. 

• Like 1