HELLA 510 no. 2 !!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ace028 said:

Awesome progress. Love all the new parts too. Are the door handles still available from Nissan? If so what is the part numbers?

Yep still available C315D812-B8DF-4691-936B-BB8BE984652B.jpg

Left- 80606-E4100

Right- 80605-E4100  

list price is $83 each. Got mine for $50 each

• Like 1

Darin,

Question for you - was your 510 a factory white?  (looks to be in the photos).  If so what 3 digit paint code is it? and did you have the engine bay resprayed in the correct color?  My 1969 is my favorite factory white which I call egg shell but the paint code sticker is worn so bad I can't make out which code it is.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, five1oh said:

Darin,

Question for you - was your 510 a factory white?  (looks to be in the photos).  If so what 3 digit paint code is it? and did you have the engine bay resprayed in the correct color?  My 1969 is my favorite factory white which I call egg shell but the paint code sticker is worn so bad I can't make out which code it is.

Yes this is the factory paint that was under all that house paint. Funny my car was produced in 69. My paint code is 831 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, DARIN 510 said:

Yes this is the factory paint that was under all that house paint. Funny my car was produced in 69. My paint code is 831 

Awesome!!  THANKS!!!  Just noticed the front fender Datsun emblem and hole for '69.  You better get rid of those hideous 70-73 markers.  I also just noticed no A-pillar antenna 🙂 Are you going to try and source metal pillar vents now? Possibly a '69 dash?

Curious because '69 is my favorite year.  I actually love the long dash except no tach ☹️.  The '69 dash pad was cleaner than '68 IMO.

Can't wait to see this car on the road..........I really need to get to work on my '69 lol

Edited by five1oh
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, five1oh said:

Awesome!!  THANKS!!!  Just noticed the front fender Datsun emblem and hole for '69.  You better get rid of those hideous 70-73 markers.  I also just noticed no A-pillar antenna 🙂 Are you going to try and source metal pillar vents now? Possibly a '69 dash?

Curious because '69 is my favorite year.  I actually love the long dash except no tach ☹️.  The '69 dash pad was cleaner than '68 IMO.

Can't wait to see this car on the road..........I really need to get to work on my '69 lol

Nah mine is a 1970 built late 69. But I am going to shave off the 70-73 markers. I do have a pilar antenna. And I’m gonna keep the stock dash. But 69 is my fav too. I used to have one but it had bubble flares so I sold it years ago. Don’t even know if it’s alive still. Can’t wait to see your 69 all done. Your gonna keep it og right ?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, DARIN 510 said:

Nah mine is a 1970 built late 69. But I am going to shave off the 70-73 markers. I do have a pilar antenna. And I’m gonna keep the stock dash. But 69 is my fav too. I used to have one but it had bubble flares so I sold it years ago. Don’t even know if it’s alive still. Can’t wait to see your 69 all done. Your gonna keep it og right ?

YEP!!  Thanks!

My plans are:

13x7 red center libre's (have just need to refinish)

Coilovers (510 struts and stock brakes)

Troy Ermish header

Dual Weber 40's and manifold

Paintless Dent removal and Paint Correction - Then full detail 🙂

re-install the missing heater box

Renown steering wheel - just because I like the way it feels and stock is too big lol

Straighten the bumpers at some point.......or futofab but would rather keep stock

Install my vallejo license plate frames - still searching for sunnyvale as that is where it came from (I have the sunnyvale on the rear but the rest is completely broken off)

That's it!

• Like 1
On 6/27/2019 at 8:13 AM, five1oh said:

YEP!!  Thanks!

My plans are:

13x7 red center libre's (have just need to refinish)

Coilovers (510 struts and stock brakes)

Troy Ermish header

Dual Weber 40's and manifold

Paintless Dent removal and Paint Correction - Then full detail 🙂

re-install the missing heater box

Renown steering wheel - just because I like the way it feels and stock is too big lol

Straighten the bumpers at some point.......or futofab but would rather keep stock

Install my vallejo license plate frames - still searching for sunnyvale as that is where it came from (I have the sunnyvale on the rear but the rest is completely broken off)

That's it!

Nooo!! Lol I say rock it stock that’s just me tho. You just never see that. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...