A 5 speed adapter plate I made for a J series engine.

wayno

Hi Wayno. I just saw this genius adapter plate you came up with. I know it’s an old post but just wondered if you ever did any more with fabbing up some of these plates? I have a J13 in my 1964 320 with a 4 speed and I also have a 63A#2 short 5 speed to swap into it. Let me know if you have a plate and if so can you give me an idea of the cost? Thanks! Vic

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not done anything with this since 2019, I have one plate on the running J15 I have on a stand with the adapter and transmission installed.

I found a bunch of plates on a shelf a couple days ago, I will need to look at them, as I recall I sold all the ones I made and it is a major pain to make that 4" hole for the starter for me, I believe I made the master using the J15 plate and a L block plate, and I will assure you that there is only about a 1/4" or less to work with for distributor/starter clearances working an L block transmission, I could see no way to make a Z block transmission work.

There are other things involved like a washer needed on the ball the clutch arm to move it out slightly for the clutch to work, I likely mentioned this in this thread but did not read it to remember everything, in the end I do not want to make any more plates as there is not a great need for them, if there was a need I would take the one I have out and see how much it would cost to make copies, I cannot make the CAD program or whatever it is called myself.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2024 at 9:22 PM, Vic said:

Hi Wayno. I just saw this genius adapter plate you came up with. I know it’s an old post but just wondered if you ever did any more with fabbing up some of these plates? I have a J13 in my 1964 320 with a 4 speed and I also have a 63A#2 short 5 speed to swap into it. Let me know if you have a plate and if so can you give me an idea of the cost? Thanks! Vic

Installed on page 15 of my build 

i am going to send you a DM 

clickity clickity