My 521

Dat521sun

16 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Cable linkage?

if it feels like running out of gas always cycle the linkage and see if you see gas squiring in there. This will tell you if your acell pump is working or if there is gas in the float bowl. If no gas squirting then needle valve not letting gas in or fuell pump not working.

make sure nothing stuck

if Weber installed there was a thin carb adapters that can crack.

Cable is slightly loose, pump is pumping gas. As soon as I get home I'll check if something is stuck and for cracks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Cable linkage?

if it feels like running out of gas always cycle the linkage and see if you see gas squiring in there. This will tell you if your acell pump is working or if there is gas in the float bowl. If no gas squirting then needle valve not letting gas in or fuell pump not working.

make sure nothing stuck

Removed carb again, noticed that the gaskets between the carb and and plates are soaked in gas

95R00CB.jpg

Edited by Dat521sun
Adding picture
18 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Cable linkage?

make sure nothing stuck

Found the problem, the bolts on the second plates slowly dented the first plate, braking or cracking the seals/gasket in between causing leakage/vacuum problems. As a quick fix, I made some seal/gaskets and make sure bolts were not all the way down. Ordered adapter plates 

• Like 1

Red loctite.  Stroffegen advised me to use it instead of the blue.  I have never been able to keep one from vibrating loose.  So far, so good on the red loctite.  And I did have to take it back apart once already and was able to remove it.  I used it on the studs for the top part of the adapter to keep them from moving down like I believe you are telling us they did.  I used them on the allen bolts that do the rest.  

Hopefully this might help ya.

24 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Red loctite.  Stroffegen advised me to use it instead of the blue.  I have never been able to keep one from vibrating loose.  So far, so good on the red loctite.  And I did have to take it back apart once already and was able to remove it.  I used it on the studs for the top part of the adapter to keep them from moving down like I believe you are telling us they did.  I used them on the allen bolts that do the rest.  

Hopefully this might help ya.

Thanks, I'll be getting some red loctite tomorrow. I did a test drive and two came loose 

The 521 is back on the road... DwqWIY1.jpg

Added another set of headlights, the center ones. This one have the option to connect to the turn signals and the halo blinks amber. I just connected it to stay on with my running lights. 

YuDnzeK.jpg

• Like 3