My 521

Dat521sun

On 6/24/2019 at 9:09 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I don't know if I agree with you. That first carb looks suspiciously like a "smog legal" Weber that was available for Datsuns for a long time. I believe Redline sold the kit, and it used that same carb. You're right that the carb was used on many other applications. I think guys used to call it a Fiat Weber.

I agree with Gene.  The fuel pickup on the carb works for a J13 but is on the wrong side for the L motors.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 2
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, d.p said:

Looks good man.  Were they plug and play?

Thanks D.P.... Yes, they are plug and play, comes with the 3 prong and everything, so you have low and high beam in a single headlight. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Horrible

Most love the orginal Datsun colors

I know, I love the original color, that's why I used plasti dip, to protect the paint and I can peel it whenever 😉 just like wearing clothes, you can change them as many time without disturbing your beautiful skin. 

Edited by Dat521sun
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

The goddamn rain drops are longer than your truck is tall. Screw that much of a downpour.

Did you plastidip the reflectors on your tails or bluedot / smoke them?

Just rained for 20 minutes, then it stopped. Yes, plastidipped the reflectors, forgot to peel that little rectangular area  😅 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Maybe you guys can help me... Truck was running perfectly, but yesterday, coming home it started to act weird. Truck was dying if I wasn't pressing the gas pedal. Finally I arrived home and died. It seems like a gas problem, so I checked and replaced filters, removed carb and make sure all bolts were tight and installed (no leaks) and now, truck idle way too high, like is going to keep accelerating. Any help would be much appreciated 

Edited by Dat521sun
  • Like 1

Cable linkage?

if it feels like running out of gas always cycle the linkage and see if you see gas squiring in there. This will tell you if your acell pump is working or if there is gas in the float bowl. If no gas squirting then needle valve not letting gas in or fuell pump not working.

make sure nothing stuck

if Weber installed there was a thin carb adapters that can crack.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

When warmed up look and see if the choke is open.

Everytime I start the truck, goes over 4000 RPM, so I turn it off, but the choke is slightly close until it starts, the is wide open