Early 620 grill

Hey guys im new to the forum and the datsun community in general i just picked up a 1 owner 78 kc and ive been searching for an early grille but im having no luck at all is there anyone that knows anyone or has one for sale?? Thanks in advance

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Red and welcome to Ratsun. If you would, could you start a want ad in our classified section... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... It's free and easy and targets those who are interested. You are cleared to post there. This keeps our forums clear for information sharing and discussions, thank you. 

• Like 1

welcome to the madness of Datsun's. See you got a 78 620, nice choice. 👍

did you post in the classifieds yet ? sellers like me don't search post for buyers to sell our goods. 

sellers look at the classifieds for members that are ISO to sell to.  Once you do, I'll contact you on what I've got.

and how about some pic's of your Datsun, were a bunch of pic whores. The more the better. lol

:)

• Like 2

The '78 and '79 got the 'new' design grill. They are more robust and less likely to get broken and partly for an enhanced look change that coincides with the other upgrades to the 620 such as internally regulated alternator, EI ignition, front disc brakes, ball joint suspension, better fuel tank mounted to the frame rather than the box and the return to the water cooled/warmed intake rather than the exhaust heated one. Myself? I find the earlier grill much more aesthetically pleasing to look at. It was the first thing I changed on my '78.

• Like 1
On 4/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, datzenmike said:

Hi Red and welcome to Ratsun. If you would, could you start a want ad in our classified section... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... It's free and easy and targets those who are interested. You are cleared to post there. This keeps our forums clear for information sharing and discussions, thank you. 

I will definetly be doing that in the near future thank you

On 4/6/2019 at 6:06 PM, datzenmike said:

The '78 and '79 got the 'new' design grill. They are more robust and less likely to get broken and partly for an enhances look change that coincides with the other upgrades to the 620 such as internally regulated alternator, EI ignition, front disc brakes, ball joint suspension, better fuel tank mounted to the frame rather than the box and the return to the water cooled/warmed intake rather than the exhaust heated one. Myself? I find the earlier grill much more aesthetically pleasing to look at. It was the first thing I changed on my '78.

It is only the 78 and 79 that have ball joints? Not the 77?

On 4/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, datzenmike said:

The '78 and '79 got the 'new' design grill. They are more robust and less likely to get broken and partly for an enhances look change that coincides with the other upgrades to the 620 such as internally regulated alternator, EI ignition, front disc brakes, ball joint suspension, better fuel tank mounted to the frame rather than the box and the return to the water cooled/warmed intake rather than the exhaust heated one. Myself? I find the earlier grill much more aesthetically pleasing to look at. It was the first thing I changed on my '78.

Do you know about how much an early grill would go for nowadays?

'78 was a pivotal year for the 620. Lots of changes and yes only '78 and up had the ball joint suspension on the front. '77 and earlier had king pins.

Earlier grills are what ever the market will bear. Your location, availability, desirability, rarity... all affect the price. If in a hurry probably a lot more than if you wait. You might find an old truck in a field and get it for the asking.

• Like 1