Frontier rims

FishyLemons

I'm debating making the drive to Fresno over these rims (just shy of 3 hours) to throw on my '73 620. My brain says no but my heart says yes.

Screenshot_20190403-082756_Chrome

Examples on a Datsun pickups here:

https://ratsun.net/topic/35913-sunkist-521-ka24e/page/4/

They look incredible. So far they seem difficult to find on CL and are prohibitively expensive on eBay (~$160 each).

I'll either get these or maybe 90's Pathfinder wheels (much more abundant near me, though much less attractive in my opinion) so I can do beebani's discs on the front at some point. 

Are there any more common 15"-17" rims the community likes with the correct offset/bore to just mount right up? I just got through the 24 pages in the truck tire thread and it looks like there are tons of options, but I'm not sure which need to be hacked up to fit properly. It sounds like pre 04 Xterra, frontier, and most early Pathfinders mount right up. Any other favorites? Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I think the older stock rims make the Datsun look more period correct. just repaint them.

after putting multiple sets of wheels on my 510 I think just sticking with the 1969 hubcaps and small white wall would have been more Gangsta in the end(plus save me a lot of money)

My stock rims are on the bent and bruised side unfortunately. I do have 14" slot mags, but long term I won't be able to stick with the 14's and have clearance for the beebani disc conversion I want to do. I agree with you though, going classic looks very nice!

Here is what I'm working with now.

Set of four mags (14") in pretty good shape:

VmNdxPT.jpg

Set of four of these (I'm guessing stock?)(14") in varying condition.

Best one looks like this:

JEfcTX7.jpg

Roughest looks like this (Bottom):

Mj8szMM.jpg

Overall I guess they're not too bad? Might be able to bend the white one's lip back to shape.

uhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but later stock nissan 6 lugs are not 6 x 108.9 but, 6 x 4.5. 

Have you shopped for 14" tires yet? No problem finding name-brand tires if you want to spend $600 for "hot rod" tires. I finally ditched my 14" wheels when it got impossible to find used tires. There are way more options for less expensive 15" & 16"s new, and I always see used sets of tires for $200 mounted and balanced.

I got some American Racing 5 lug steelies back in the '70s, much like those 8 spoke Bajas. I sanded them well, shot epoxy primer on them and then satin black Rustoleum.  Whenever I washed my truck, I shot a fresh coat of Rustoleum, always stylin'. 

'05 and later Nissans have the smaller PCD. '01-'04 stock rims seem to have the styling I like the most, and the correct PCD (and offset in many cases).

America's tire sells Hankook Optimos for $200 a set in stock size. I'll probably be going with those once I clean up the slot mags.

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/hankook-optimo-h724/p/10702

And turns out pick n pull doesn't even let you pull rims, at least in Sacramento. I called 3 locations, two said they recycle the stock rims and sell the specialty rims up front for a premium (not the prices advertised for rims on their website), one location didn't answer the phone all day. Called a Nissan dismantler as well and they said they sell the rims and would check their current inventory and let me know which vehicles had a set of 4. Never heard back. In the meantime I'm going to clean up the mags and snag those hankooks.