Top mount turbo SR20... with brake booster?

jovial_cynic

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use a remote booster mounted in another location.  Basically, your manual (singe reservoir) m/c pushes a remote slave, attached to a booster that pushes a dual circuit m/c.  It's pretty common on street rods.  Otherwise, look into hydro boosted m/c's.

• Like 1

On "what did you do to your dime today" you mentioned you were experiencing a lack of brake power. Did you bleed your brakes yet to see it that fixed it? I can't imagine if they're working right that you'd need or even want a booster. I have a big brake kit on my SR 510 and have never been left wanting more. I wouldn't describe the feel as twitchy, but you need to be ginger on the peddle or they'll lock up without much effort. By a "big m/c" is it a single cylinder or duel? 

If you're dead set on power assist brakes, Smart Booster and Datsport put the booster on the other side of the firewall. 

40503885933_3e993d3b45_z.jpg

Edited by paradime

You can smack on the calipers with a plastic hammer or block of wood to knock bubbles loose.  Bleed them again after you've gone out and "bed" the brakes.  The heat and use should help free up the bubbles too.  If you keep getting bubbles, you have an issue that's allowing air in as opposed to just trapped air.

• Like 1