2019 My 1969 datsun 510 awd conversion project body swap sit on evo 1 jdm chassis. Who had build a awd 510?

Hi im new here and im building a 4G63 awd 510 4 door on a jdm evo 1 chassis im going awd  i have 2 evo an choose to awd my 510 with one of  it. Gona cut all the evo execpt fire wall floor. and shock tower bla bla and strip and  sit the 510 body on it. 😎Already started. The only thing what will you do if you was me can chose yet. The 510 is lhd and the evo rhd Should i keep the 510 oem dash keep it lhd and convert the cremaere to be lhd with colt or mirage part  ? Or keep my evo dash rhd and just fit it there ? WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST?  THIS CAR WILL ROLL ON ROAD. PLATED AS A 510 THAT WHY I DONT KNOW YET WHAT IM GONNA DO  But Just curious to see. How many really did a awd datsun 510  and how did you build it POST A PIC OF UR PROJECT BELOW. WANA SEE IT. SR AWD RB AWD 4G63 AWD. OR OTHER.  IF YOU HAD AWD UR 510 POST HERE MINE. WILL POST PIC OF IT SOON. Me im from quebec 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you close your eyes you will be driving an Evo basically. To keep the illusion of a 510 try to keep it as 510 as possible including the dash. A RHD and weird dash will call too much attention to it is all. But hey, it's what ever you like and will be great.

There are several major problems with this idea: …. you can see most of them in the following photos of the car mentioned above

1. The wheelbase of an evo is 3.4 inches longer than a 510

2 The width of the evo is at least 7 inches wider than a 510

3. the engine bay and strut towers are wider than a 510's engine bay

4. The rocker panels of the evo are structural, but they stick out wider than the 510 body

None of these issues seem as important as what dashboard to use though …. so that should be the first thing to think about

Then cut apart the entire 510:

46746556714_b6e6faf97e_c.jpg

Edited by INDY510
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Then cut a bunch of structural integrity out of the evo front end to make the 510 fenders fit:

46746558564_7a0e2e0c3d_c.jpg

46746556264_27ff51dd25_c.jpg

This car was never finished.  These are the only photos I have ever seen of it.  The owner sold it as an unfinished project in the UK.  

Edited by INDY510
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...