European rear combination lamp conversion

oukippy

Hello,

It looks like I'll have to change my rear combination lamps in order to convert to the European type (turn signal lamps different from stopping lamps). I've found the parts but I wonder what could be the difference concerning the wires). Does anyone have an idea or documentation on the matter?

Thank you!

Oukippy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a Haynes manual? Mine has wiring diagrams in of UK models and also usa models so you could find the colours and try to adapt. That's what I'm going to do.

I'm assuming you need indicator, stop lamp, tail lamp and reverse instead of stop and turn, tail stop and turn, tail and reverse.

Edit, what year is your truck? I could scan it in if you want

Edited by frank88
21 hours ago, frank88 said:

Do you have a Haynes manual? Mine has wiring diagrams in of UK models and also usa models so you could find the colours and try to adapt. That's what I'm going to do.

I'm assuming you need indicator, stop lamp, tail lamp and reverse instead of stop and turn, tail stop and turn, tail and reverse.

Edit, what year is your truck? I could scan it in if you want

I have the manual and it's black and white diagrams. I'm trying to understand how to convert. I'm not sure it's a very simple task as the turn signal switch seems to be involved.

Maybe the easiest path is to connect directly the brake switch to the stop lamps.

My car was manufactured in November 1976 so it's a 1977.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to pick up a bench seat last night and ended up getting some euro light lenses and having a conversation about the conversion.

He said to run new wires from the indicator switch under the dash to the indicators at the back. And then unplug the flashing module from the tail lamps.

I did see a post saying your truck was on the road so maybe you sorted it?