alexg89

KA with sidedrafts

On 4/9/2019 at 9:42 PM, scooter said:

Fuck these things they just crack and fall off then your tune goes to shit

There are so many reasons I don't like to use the o-ring style soft mounts, but nobody seems to listen when I recommend the OEM style vulcanized rubber mounts. Yeah, they aren't super easy to source, but they last forever and do the job well.

Painter_Man_2300_Small_002_zps6pyofkiu.j

Roadster_Isolator_2.jpg

Roadster_Carb_Isolator.jpg

I use them whenever I can, like on these setups.

Mikuni_Linkage_Small_04.jpg

IMG_3084Small.jpg

Painter_Man_2300_Small_018_zpsmp4unsda.j

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

There are so many reasons I don't like to use the o-ring style soft mounts, but nobody seems to listen when I recommend the OEM style vulcanized rubber mounts. Yeah, they aren't super easy to source, but they last forever and do the job well.

had i known about these.. i would have got them.. now that i see what i need ill be buying them .. i didnt like they way it mounted with the oring style 

Im glad you posted the part number for them too.. I really do appreciate it

• Like 1

Ran into an issue.. was popping back through the intake.. sprayed some brake parts cleaner around intake and its leaking at the head .. took intake off and it's not exactly flat .. against a piece if glass it has just a hair bit of wobble ... so little bit of a set back 

• Like 1

Yeah, I could hear that popping in your video. Sounded like carbs out of balance...

Note that you will have to slot the manifold to fit the roadster isolators. You can see in the pics that the studs aren't the same spacing on both sides of the isolator. Nissan used to sell non-offset isolators, but they are no longer available.

I cut the isolators in a lathe to soften them up. Like this -

Painter_Man_2300_Small_014_zpsadujwk1r.j

9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Yeah, I could hear that popping in your video. Sounded like carbs out of balance...

Yah when i put the little tool on to see where they were, they were way out .. but i followed the instructions http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/dcoe_adjustment_layout_typical_i.htm

and it was still carrying on .. sprayed the brake parts cleaner and idle went up on a few runners.. so my buddy is taking it to his shop today to True it up and get it flat 

Edited by alexg89

So tonight when i get this all back together and get the Synchrometer on this thing, what is the target number to get to .. ive seen alot of youtube things and its always about 4.. but you guys are the experts lol 

Thank you 

23 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

So tonight when i get this all back together and get the Synchrometer on this thing, what is the target number to get to .. ive seen alot of youtube things and its always about 4.. but you guys are the experts lol 

Thank you 

And to add to this.. fuel pressure.. I have at about 6lbs .. is that to much? 

Got the intake fixed.. now the soft mounts are leaking .. fuck this thing lol 

23 hours ago, alexg89 said:

And to add to this.. fuel pressure.. I have at about 6lbs .. is that to much? 

Webers tend to like 3.5lbs.... I had 6 to 7 on mine and I caused an over rich condition....... I know some dont like them but Holley does make a nice lower preassure regulator.... I can find the part number if you want....

Edited by Crashtd420

23 hours ago, alexg89 said:

Thank you 

So shoot for 4 then... its more important that they are all equal.....

I know when I balanced my single I brought the lower up to the higher....

You might find you cant go any lower with 1, just balance accordingly..... 

On 4/13/2019 at 3:03 PM, Crashtd420 said:

Webers tend to like 3.5lbs.... I had 6 to 7 on mine and I caused an over rich condition....... I know some dont like them but Holley does make a nice lower preassure regulator.... I can find the part number if you want....

I have a good pressure regulator, its an aeromotive 13301.. super easy to use and adjust .. 

Didnt mess with it to much this weekend though because i cant get the damn thing to seal and its leaking air somewhere.. Almost looks like my hardware is in at an angle..

flange and carbs dont seem like they match? i either need to get different hardware or slot the holes a little to make it work

Gonna pull it off tonight and tinker with it 

• Like 1

picked up the header and valve cover today on my lunch

Silver looks great on the header and im gonna wet sand the fins and nissan logo on the valve cover 

LIhRSTl.jpg

4 hours ago, alexg89 said:

.Almost looks like my hardware is in at an angle..

flange and carbs dont seem like they match? i either need to get different hardware or slot the holes a little to make it work

Are you talking about the rubber soft mounts? Did you get them already?

Yes, the two studs on the back of each isolator have a wider bolt pattern. You will need to slot the manifold. Do you know anyone with a mill? Super easy to do on a mill.

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Are you talking about the rubber soft mounts? Did you get them already?

Yes, the two studs on the back of each isolator have a wider bolt pattern. You will need to slot the manifold. Do you know anyone with a mill? Super easy to do on a mill.

I have the oring soft mounts 99005.145 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Painter_Man_2300_Small_002_zps6pyofkiu.j

Roadster_Isolator_2.jpg

Mikuni_Linkage_Small_04.jpg

IMG_3084Small.jpg

Painter_Man_2300_Small_018_zpsmp4unsda.j

Its the thackery washers that redline gives you with a cannon intake that are poop. Those rubber insulators are good. When my plastic o ring holders die ill be switching to those.