alexg89

KA with sidedrafts

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

If it's broken through the mixture screw threads, then it would be more trouble to fix it than it's worth.

As long as the replacement is the same type, it should work fine. Doesn't matter where they are made. Webers aren't especially hard to find.

I thought I read the weber dcoe went through some minor changes over the years.... 

I'm not sure and I cant say what was changed, but since i am running a single dcoe i was informed that if i ever wanted to upgrade to 2 that it needs to be manufactured from the same era...

Also (probably doesnt need to be  said) but you'll  need to raid all the jets, venturis and parts from the broken one to keep things the same....

1 hour ago, alexg89 said:

I'm pretty sure those are slightly different.... again not sure what but I would find a newer one with the 152...

My Weber book say pn19600.060

Under stood.. well i just got off the line with Redline in California .. bought 2 brand new 45s.. 315 a piece my cost.. so i guess once i get them i can update you guys on that lol 

until then i will try to get some wiring done being i just got my custom pedestal back from machining 

• Like 1

Heres the shiny new pedestal for the dizzy.. has a set screw in it so i can twirl her around where ever she needs to go 

2AwwyOD.jpg

Q587SQ2.jpg

• Like 1

Gave my buddy the pieces and told him what needed to happen.. This is what he came up with.. im sure if i needed to crank out a few more we could do so 

Not really related to the post but got my boot and ring in so i decided to make this happen last night 

3FAsUCS.jpg

Alright so new carbs should be here today.. I also got a header coming on Wednesday..

By chance can anyone get me a close up on the hardware they used to mount the carbs to the intake.. i just want to see how you guys have done it.. im trying to google decent pictures and i cant get any close ups... really wanna see what the squish is for the soft mount and choice of hardware  being used..

I have bought some grade 8 stuff but im just skeptical because i dont want to actually break the new ones like i presume the guy did before me on the bad one i had  

Thank you

Carbs are usually mounted with studs, washers and nuts.

Most o-ring style soft mount setups have a spring washer that goes on the front side of the carb, just under the nut. The spring washers should not be fully compressed.

See

7 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Carbs are usually mounted with studs, washers and nuts.

Most o-ring style soft mount setups have a spring washer that goes on the front side of the carb, just under the nut. The spring washers should not be fully compressed.

See i have these springs.. i have to kick them up again cause idk where i put them, but i was not aware of this .. as for studs i dont believe i can mount studs on what i have.. 

but im glad you told me about the springs .. ill have to see if i can find a picture of them 

67GO7s2.jpg

Thackery Washers, don't know how well they'll work with bolts.

Yupp those are the ones i have .. and when i tighten them they are not supposed to be fully compressed? i can manage that

And today the carbs came in! pretty happy ..

Not sure if i found a casting flaw or if this is how they are but this is what it looks like 

88iJGWi.jpg

szjopKh.jpg

hdxemOv.jpg

well per redline

"I talked to my head tech on the flaw and he says it is consistent with the rough casting of the carburetor and will have no negative effect on the performance of the carburetor so you will be okay."

So we are gonna run with it 

2AwwyOD.jpg

Like the distributor mount, except for a set screw to hold the position.

Set screws going into aluminum is not the best idea, as it will continue chew up the distributor every time you want to adjust timing.

I highly suggest picking up either nylon tipped set screws, or at minimum, flat point set screws in what ever thread he used.

McMaster-Carr may have both.

A pointed, or cup tip set screw will do the most damage.

I may make one for mine, but use a clamp arrangement.

Just another ear, slit, and a cross 5mm screw to squeeze it down on the distributor.

• Like 2

When your done monkeying around you should weld those two intake halves together to make one and ditch the couplers. Other than that i approve of all. The weber honk is addicting

• Like 1

12 hours ago, docbainey said:

67GO7s2.jpg

Thackery Washers, don't know how well they'll work with bolts.

Fuck these things they just crack and fall off then your tune goes to shit

7 hours ago, scooter said:

When your done monkeying around you should weld those two intake halves together to make one and ditch the couplers. Other than that i approve of all. The weber honk is addicting

I thought about doing this.. but if this works ill run it until it fails

last night though i got it all bolted up .. nothing broke so thats a plus

Have to remove the old power steering stuff so i can fit the Foam filters on and i have to tend to a few hoses that need to be capped off 

Next is to run a switch for the fuel pump relay being it dosn actuate because all the engine stuff is unplugged

and time to wire up the dizzy so i can get a test fire out of this thing

dt9eJvU.jpg

• Like 2

Also today i should be dropping an extra valve cover off and if my header comes in ill be taking that up also to get Cerakoted

I think im gonna stick with black on the cover and probably do the same sniper grey for the header as the intake is done in that color 

Will update once i have it done 

• Like 1

well it runs time to get everything else squared up wires tucked away and tune her upppp

also got the header in and it looks decent

uxQNK5P.mp4

pnHFwwb.jpg

• Like 1

What is that header made to fit?

2 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

For $120 and its stainless.... sounds good to me.....

Kinda why i scooped it up lol  even if it needs to be manipulated to fit anywhere its still not a bad deal 

• Like 1