510 Goon driveshaft availability?

Tom1200

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

I was curious as to how hard it is to find 510 wagon driveshafts?

My 1200 uses a H190 rear I want to install my 63 series 5 speed and obviously that's the same set up that is stock in a 510 wagon.

Can you explain why you require the wagon driveshaft over the sedan?

I have a H190 in my 1200 and a stumpy trans the same length as the 63 series (which I have in my B210) and by my measurements you should need a shorter than sedan length driveshaft due to the slightly longer H190 housing. I thought I would be needing to get my stock 510 sedan (similar to B210 auto driveshaft) shortened. So I would be really interested to know how the wagon driveshaft will fit? Or is this with the assumption that it will be shortened, in which case why does it need to be a wagon driveshaft then? What am I missing here?

Edit: As far as I am aware the 510 manual driveshafts vary in length not in spline or rear mount setup. 

From some searching:

The stock 2dr and 4dr sedan driveshaft is 42 & 9/16th or 42.5625"
The stock goon is 48 & 7/8ths or 48.875

Edited by Dguy210

Mike I should have been more clear; regardless of what shaft I get it will need to be shortened. Besides the longer snout of the H190, the 1200s 90.5" wheelbase, there is the fact that I have the motor and trans pushed back 2" relative to the stock motor location.

I have a custom driveshaft in it now but that's for a 60 series trans and H190. I got that one from Dave Patten

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Mike I should have been more clear; regardless of what shaft I get it will need to be shortened. Besides the longer snout of the H190, the 1200s 90.5" wheelbase, there is the fact that I have the motor and trans pushed back 2" relative to the stock motor location.

I have a custom driveshaft in it now but that's for a 60 series trans and H190. I got that one from Dave Patten

So that means you could use any 510 manual driveshaft then, not just goon. Or you could even use a 75' or later B210 automatic driveshaft. 

Edited by Dguy210
3 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the R180/160 diff side of the driveshaft different from the H190?

Additionally doesn't the B210 use an H150 (possibly H165) which again is different from the H190?

The 75 and later B210 uses an H150, I ran a 510 sedan driveshaft for my B210 63a swap with later 77 rearend.  The H150 uses a 45 x 54 mm with an inner circle of 57 mm.

As far as I know the R160 and wagon flanges are the same as swapping a sedan driveshaft into a wagon is done when using the longer 5 speed.

Only the B110 and 74 B210 use the smaller flange for the H145.

However, I am seeing some conflicting data online on the H190 as having a 50x60 mm flange (maybe different non-510 wagon axle), so I'm going to go measure mine when I can to confirm.

Edit: Crawled under the car and measured mine and it appears to be 45x54.

Edited by Dguy210