Battery not charging

CharlieMurphy

What's going on everyone!  Finally got my truck running somewhat well and the new adventure is a charging problem.  I have installed a new battery and alternator but, it still seems like my truck forgets how to charge the battery.  As of now, I am charging the battery every couple of days along with bump starts...gotta love parking on an incline.  I will post some more pictures tomorrow to give some more insight.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop buying parts hoping it will fix the problem. You might easily put a bad part in and now you have two things causing the battery not to charge. This makes finding the original problem 10X harder not to mention expensive..

Is the charge light ON??????

Does anything else electrical not work????

Take the battery cable off over night. If that helps, then you have a draw on the battery when the ignition is off. Get a test lamp and connect between the battery post and the cable, it will come on.... then start removing fuses till it (hopefully) goes out. The draw will be on the circuit that the fuse controls.  

Are the brake lights on??

Is the interior light on???

Does the horn work??? If no see if they are disconnected... if yes the relay is likely on and this is the draw. The horn button is stuck on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I quit buying parts.  I'm done with it right now.  It is bad wiring that is getting addressed.  I will do the test lamp this weekend.  The alternator is not reading 13.8 or 14.4.  Also, the electric fuel pump relay is buzzing like crazy.  Every time I engage the clutch it stops.  I have moved that pressure switch back to alleviate any ass pains right now.  

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...