How did you come up with your name?

SOOOO, i came up with the idea on another car forum to start a thread explaining how you came up with your name... Well, to be honest, some one else did on another another car forum, so i copied him/her. THANKS! Either way, i figured I'd see what kinda shit we could come up with here.. im sure there will be some good stories.

Well, here goes...

When I was 18 I had a 72 2 door 510. It was my second car, first being a blue 280, god rest her soul. I miss you blue!!  Anyways, i digress. Im 18, my shit dont stink, and neither did my stock L16 with 2 1/8 exhaust all the way to a magnaflow, cut springs all the way around, tires rubbing, and 2 10s in the back with about 400 watts (a lot in 97). Im talking shit, like always, to some dude who had a 68 pony fastback, 302 with some sort of head swap. So we took off and he TRIED to chase me through a neighborhood in my home town and couldn't keep up. Well, the route was so fun i did it a few more times, with my buddy in tow. He, being the joker he is, came up with the name 510 revisited every time we'd cruise that route. Hence, 510revisited. I know, not the best. So ill give you this one.

On most sites i go by roehoe72. I even think i have that registered here, but for whatever reason i went with the other name. Technical difficulties me thinks. Well, this time im a whole whopping 20, and im just partying life away in Anchorage, caring only about where the next bag of weed is gonna come from. Towards the beginning of the summer my brother and i get in a knock down, drag out fight with each other, and subsequently get evicted (more or less, but thats a WHOLE different story). So we make up, and meanwhile figure were gonna go move to Seward, ak and go do the whole cannery thing. We load up my 80-81 4 by hardbody, Beverly Hill billy style(soft body actually due to countless ak winters) and make the trek. We move in to our tent, and go straight to work. Well me being of my particular religion, i want to make as much $$$ as possible so i start working the egg room. Making caviar and such. Mind you, we are doing 20, 22, 26, 27 hour shifts, so im racking the dough at 8 and change an hour. Well due to my yearning for money, my friends nick named me "roe hoe". Roe for the caviar, hoe, for the money. At this same time, i opened up my first email account ever. So i went with roehoe72. 72 because 420 and 69 were gone. 72 also because my 72 dime. And just if your wondering, the other site was for Toyota Tacoma's. Best truck ever! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine is short for King of Hearts, seems as that card has nearly always end up in my hand when I played cards, and the GPA is for an alliance I played in a game called earth2025 back in late 90s that later became earth empires as it is now, turn based strategy game, yeah I still play there LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I'm honest, although being a psychotherapist is who I am at my core, it requires a very high degree of empathic listening and focused care in what I say, so by the end of the day I've often felt like kicking a puppy just to balance things out. After some thought I realized I need an outlet were I can just say WTF is on my mind. I associate that freedom with my first 510, because it represented freedom and independence on so many levels. I'm good at helping people with their problems, but I'm also crude, opinionated, stubborn, petty, and a brutally honest ass hole. After being a good father husband and therapist, I can come here and just be me.  It's the paradime shift.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Registered here when I was looking to buy my current 510. Had been a lurker forever, but actually needed to ask a few questions. I've had a 260z and a goon prior but for the last 10 years if I had needed to RSVP to a datsun owners gettogether my response would have been plusnone.... 😢😕

I guess technically, I'd be a plus one, now! But doesn't have the same ring to it...

Also, the dime is kinda my escape. My time away from wife, kids, work.... so plusnone?

• Like 3

When I first got into the bluebirds email list (pre forum days really) I had a 1968 Datsun 510, went everywhere, did everything in that car. So I made my username "68Datsun510", worked for me. Joke is on me now, i got rid of the 68 and now have a 69, oh the humanity!

• Like 3

Seems that we have done this before, but what the hell.

Back in the early '90's I worked at a dealership and one of the managers used to add "mo" to the end of everyone's name. Some times he would drop a few letters of the end of your name some times not.

Billmo, Scottmo, Gregmo, Garmo, and that led him to call me Kelmo. For some reason, it has stuck with me all these years. I partially blame Ratsun and 1200.com.

Really glad we didn't have a guy named Howard working there.  Not sure how well putting "mo" at the end of that would work cuz you would have to loose a couple letters.

• Like 2

Mine is, judging from the deep backstories here, not sentimental at all. I was in middle school and a friend suggested me an off the wall comic book series (if i could even call it that) and in it was a character named Vriska. She revolved around a spider theme and that of someone you would never bring to mom and pop...ever, everything a prepubescent kid wants. Named a game account to Vriske since i didnt want to label my 10 year strong account with a females name. Stuck with it since!

• Like 1

My youngest lad, who was computer savvy, as all young'uns are today having grown up with them, helped me set up an account on NWDE in the early 2000s on my hand me down POS. My attempt had failed using datsunmike (admittedly a rather obvious choice) and when I asked for help and tried a second time it said 'already taken' and the password was either keyed in wrong or forgotten. So datsunmike is out there somewhere approaching Gliese 687 password... unknown.

• Like 2

Out cruising my dads tractor, you know, trying to drift it around dirt corners. Anyways I come flying around a corner and a couple of friends were driving up the road, almost hit them. They started calling me Farmer after that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Started years ago. Having the common name Jim, we had Corvette Jim, Hat Jim, before poliitical correctness N Jim, and there were 4 more. Due to my Denvers Chopper, you get the point.

Chopper Jim

• Like 1

I tinker on my cars at my own house, but it's where I work on my cars. 

5 hours ago, KELMO said:

Really glad we didn't have a guy named Howard working there.  Not sure how well putting "mo" at the end of that would work cuz you would have to loose a couple letters.

You some kind of Howmophobe or what?

• Haha 5

Datsun Guy with a B210 = DGUY210, a name I came up with long before Ratsun for some other forum. But also those letters also happen to be part of my name too so it had some relevance. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, q-tip said:

Being a tall skinny white guy with an afro the name was given to me in highschool by some friends, I no longer have the whimsical fro but I am still a tall skinny white guy.

I too had (what I called) a Jew-fro in Highschool. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, BrothersGarage said:

I tinker on my cars at my own house, but it's where I work on my cars. 

You some kind of Howmophobe or what?

Hey man, I'm not gay...my boyfriend is.

Wait, what?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
On 3/7/2019 at 4:16 AM, KELMO said:

Seems that we have done this before, but what the hell.

Back in the early '90's I worked at a dealership and one of the managers used to add "mo" to the end of everyone's name. Some times he would drop a few letters of the end of your name some times not.

Billmo, Scottmo, Gregmo, Garmo, and that led him to call me Kelmo. For some reason, it has stuck with me all these years. I partially blame Ratsun and 1200.com.

Yes there was a thread a looooong time ago on this subject. I’m sure it’s buried deep within.

I signed up not realizing the username we chose would be our screen name or I would’ve been more clever. I work in graphic design so colourbox is kind of a play on Crayola box.

• Like 1