411 clutch master cylinder

Kenmataya

Hello Friends,

Need some help!  67 411 1.3L - clutch master cylinder is leaking.  Are they available, Is it interchangeable with another datsun? rebuild kits?

also, what kind of brake fluid are you using.  I've been using castrol DOT4 and i'm having a lot of leaking problems all of a sudden.....

Thanks,

Ken

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was also used on the '66 '68 520 truck. It's a 5/8" diameter but I bet a much more common 3/4" from almost any other Datsun could be used. Fitting threads may need to be changed and if it travels too far a block of wood under the pedal. Really the only thing that wears are the seals so if you can find 5/8 seals that will fit just polish the bore and replace them. 

The Nissan part numbers are here... maybe it can be used to cross reference another manufacturer.

46064-H5800 qty 2 (I think) and

46065-30002

DOT4 is supposedly just a higher boiling point than DOT3. It could be simply that you replaced the old with new. If the brakes were poor and you just got them bled and working they probably could not take the pressure.

• 4 weeks later...

alright!  got a 510 master cylinder with an adjustable connecting rod.  thought i'd be clever and use the rod from the old cylinder.  Throw was different.... no actuation.  was able to pull the clip with the MC in the car and swap out the adjustable rod.  Got that all working and... BOOM, slave cylinder leaking....

• 2 weeks later...

Some supplementary experience for added info in further/future cross referencing: I have successfully used a Beck/Arnley 071-2356, which was just a rebranded Seiken "Major" kit of the same part number, in the moderately recent past. After looking for the rebuild kit again, I'm finding the the Beck/A kit is nearing impossible to find, BUT it does net you a little more love when parts interchanging. 

This is just extras/last ditch, what Mike said especially regarding the seals really being the only thing you need is echoed in my experience. I thought I had a full scale Brazilian blowout on my hands when I did this. Turns out it was a just a small flat spot on the secondary cup. 

Also for research purposes, there is a certain 311s organization website that has a little bit of all this info wrapped up in a single page.

Do some '411' searches here: http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.311sPartsInterchange

Edited by stuccintraffic
Added link.
  • Like 1