1975 B210 Turn Signal Switch Question

alexladines

Hello everyone, 

My dad just gave me his 75 B210 that he has had since I was born, so 25 years. I want to help bring it it back to it's glory by addressing its problems one at a time.

The right turn switch is not turning on. Left works fine. We replaced all bulbs and problem still persisted. We cleaned all connections as well. 

Could it be the turn switch assembly? The one that is in the car has # Niles 14212 2Y26A, I found on eBay for almost $200 which I thought was ridiculous. Any alternatives? 

I'm a young dude that at most knows how to change the oil and change a tire so I'm sorry if I'm all over the place.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look through this...  https://ratsun.net/topic/75159-headlights-problem/?tab=comments#comment-1603644

Take the two piece plastic cover off the steering column and perhaps remove the steering wheel to get a good look for something wrong. I've had a wire become un-soldered... easy fix.

Haven't done much and you're doing all the work. There are two? plugs with wire harness for ignition switch, 4 way flasher and the turn signal hi/low beam switch. Try unplugging and plugging back in. Just in case the pins are not making contact.

If you want to keep the car, pick up a manual and learn to read the wiring diagrams. I feel like you have a great chance to get the signals working without buying new parts. Depending on what you have laying around.. Making the car 100 percent factory original is another game entirely though and you will want to save your pennies and dimes..

Do your hazard lights work? ("four way flashers" in some circles.)