• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Don't fuck this truck up.

Too late....

What are you going to do for rear suspension ?

If I can snap leaf springs with a warmed over, nearly stock engine, you are going to be hurting to keep your axle to stay in place.

9 hours ago, Weez82 said:

Its already in. ................ I had to cut the floor and firewall, but it actually fits really good.

Kind of a contradiction in terms. You may have made it fit , anything can be forced to fit and I hope you did a good job, but it doesn't 'fit'. The only excuse for carving up a 620.... is if you get it right. Were you able to keep the heater functional?

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Kind of a contradiction in terms. You may have made it fit , anything can be forced to fit and I hope you did a good job, but it doesn't 'fit'. The only excuse for carving up a 620.... is if you get it right. Were you able to keep the heater functional?

Yeah, cause keeping the heater is everyone's top priority.  Plus, that's not the only excuse for carving up a 620.  Others include being ugly, redheaded step child...

Where the heater, where the rad? 

1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Yeah, cause keeping the heater is everyone's top priority.  Plus, that's not the only excuse for carving up a 620.  Others include being ugly, redheaded step child...

MT means Montana right??? Pretty good excuse for a heater I think. Or drive it only 6 months of the year.

I had a 521 in southern Ontario. I survived 8 winters there not because of the stock heater but in spite of it. I ran hoses to an 9 x 10 x 1.5" air conditioner condenser in a home made box, mounted a fan on it from a '50s ford? and put it in where the glove box was. Connected to the defrost tubes. Christ the original heater core is smaller than the palm of your hand.  

Nothing awesome about it, until it runs, and works, and doesn't look like a hack job.

So you butchered a pretty nice 620, to put a 2.5L Toyota in it, when a KA24 would have been with in 4% of being the same displacement, without loosing space for a radiator, or chopping up the floor.

And now, you just have to get it to run, something that I see 50% of the people putting the same engine into other cars fail to do.

How did you get that long ass A340E into it, did you cut up the cross member on the frame ?

Do you have a working ECU for the 1J ?  Most of them have failing capacitors by the time the engine gets pulled in Japan.

Are you already on the Supra & Cressida forums asking stupid questions ?

I see a part-out in your future.....

Oh,  I have plenty of visions, do out side the box stuff all the time. Have won a lot of trophies, and a national championship by doing things other people never thought of in all sorts of motor sports, and solving industrial problems. 

Maybe I pre-judged you, prove me wrong, finish it, make it awesome.

Hope it can out run a built KA, or K20, or 3SG Beams swap.

Please figure out how to use a PC, and post progress pictures, like how you fit the JZ oil pan around the 620 suspension & cross member