Honda k24 in my 79 620?

K24swap620

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a number of S2000 engines in 510s. Even seen a video of a K24 converted to RWD in a Suzuki Samurai. No idea how they made that work. 

Anything is possible with time and/or money (both preferably). 

Even as a Honda guy myself, I have to say that the direction you're going is a lot of work for minimal reward. 

A K20C1 from the current type-r Civic with an E46 5 speed behind it would be a tidy package. 300+ turn key hp. The exhaust on the passenger side and twinscroll manifold built into the head means the engine is super narrow. You'd be pretty limited in what ecu combo you could run since you need direct injection and drive by wire throttle; that said, Honda does sell this motor complete rtr through their Motorsport support program.

Everyone tore me apart when is suggested that a Ford ecoboost would be a rad swap, but ultimately just build what you want and don't end up with an abandoned project.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, drawks said:

A K20C1 from the current type-r Civic with an E46 5 speed behind it would be a tidy package. 300+ turn key hp. The exhaust on the passenger side and twinscroll manifold built into the head means the engine is super narrow. You'd be pretty limited in what ecu combo you could run since you need direct injection and drive by wire throttle; that said, Honda does sell this motor complete rtr through their Motorsport support program.

The drive-by-wire setup would be easy using a modified Honda gas pedal - or a way of modifying the dual sensor to attach to an existing pedal. Either way, if you can make the engine fit, the drive by wire is easy. 

The motorsports program you speak of is HPD in Santa Clarita. Though they may have some restrictions, though it may be just various racing licenses. 

Then you have Hondata reprogram the ECU for even more power. 

• 6 months later...

FYI - I lied above about going with the 3sgte.

I came across a deal too good to pass up on a KMiata adapter plate and with as cheap and as common as K-Series engines and Miata trannys are (also available in a 6speed so that meets my criteria), I figured I would build something fun to beat the shit out of and I can easily access parts for, and the aftermarket parts available for the KSeries is extensive.

So join along on my journey with my Bro to: "Well lets see where the hell this leads us". 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2