L18 block build

I have an L18 block which I just found out it has a W which is rare? 

I also have a W53 peanut head 

bored .040 over 

272 cam and smimed due to decking the head 

I was wanting ideas on things I can add to make it cool or things that are nifty

i also have a 40mm side draft, 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a birthmark on my ass that looks like a strawberry. I don't know if that's special or not.

The W53 is a Japanese head so it only gets here on an import engine. Perhaps the W L18 was the engine it came on. Is the dip stick in the usual place next to the starter? Have you noticed a second pinched off dip stick tube elsewhere? The L18s here, were only used on the '74 620 truck and the same year 710 and the '73 610. Does it have a truck rear sump oil pan or one for a car?

A closed chamber head on an L18 would give 9.15 compression but if the head was milled it will be above that. 

Do you have a stock L18 exhaust on it?

1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

I have a birthmark on my ass that looks like a strawberry. I don't know if that's special or not.

The W53 is a Japanese head so it only gets here on an import engine. Perhaps the W L18 was the engine it came on. Is the dip stick in the usual place next to the starter? Have you noticed a second pinched off dip stick tube elsewhere? The L18s here, were only used on the '74 620 truck and the same year 710 and the '73 610. Does it have a truck rear sump oil pan or one for a car?

A closed chamber head on an L18 would give 9.15 compression but if the head was milled it will be above that. 

Do you have a stock L18 exhaust on it?

The dip stick is on the exaust side, and I would post pics but I don’t know how!

as far as I know this engine is 10-1 or 11-1

9 hours ago, Giljr2 said:

The dip stick is on the exaust side, and I would post pics but I don’t know how!

as far as I know this engine is 10-1 or 11-1

The L18s were made into the '80s I think but used elsewhere. This one will have the raised boss with 4 bolt holes around the oil filter?

10-1.... 11-1   compression? I don't know, not in stock form. 9.85 with flat tops. Higher with head milled.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:42 AM, datzenmike said:

The L18s were made into the '80s I think but used elsewhere. This one will have the raised boss with 4 bolt holes around the oil filter?

10-1.... 11-1   compression? I don't know, not in stock form. 9.85 with flat tops. Higher with head milled.

It has the 4 bolt holes around the oil filter and yeah as far as I know this engine is running 10-1...11-1 

its not stock it’s all done up!