Sign in to follow this  
agouge888

620 rear sliding window???

I saw a  620 with sliding rear cab window this weekend. It was sillver and had four panels. The the two center panels were able to slide outward:) Can anyone tell me about these? Were they factory? Are they rare or desirable?  Thanks

Andy

agouge888

• Like 1

Both of my King Cabs have rear sliders. The ‘77 has the 4 panel aluminum one while the ‘79 has a black 4 panel. 

• Like 1

they are desirable when in good shape but most of them rattle constantly while driving and are hard to find new seal for. I noticed some of them have a large metal spacer at the top that make them fit better and i think it looks bad(kc has bigger window than standard cab). Also think the bare aluminium ones stick out and don't look as nice as a flat one, but they are more practical.

• Like 1

CrHhcjl.jpg

’77 with what looks to be an aftermarket rear slider

UrX0VCZ.jpg

‘79 with what looks to be an OEM rear slider. 

Neither rattle. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I found one in a junk yard search yesterday from a regular cab. I had to cut thes  seal to remove the slider window. Do they take a stock rear seal,or a special seal just for the slider window?

thanks,

Andy

On 2/17/2019 at 8:28 AM, agouge888 said:

Thanks guys.  I found one in a junk yard search yesterday from a regular cab. I had to cut thes  seal to remove the slider window. Do they take a stock rear seal,or a special seal just for the slider window?

thanks,

Andy

stock seal works

Desirable? To me, yes. They really help with airflow on hot days.  

I found that 620 sliders are hard to find....and the  ones (not tha same as the standard cab, are even more rare.  

That being said, i simply send a kc rear window seal with my kc slider.  

Before installing, however, I disassembled the slider, cleaned everything, and replaced the old felts.  No rattles.

These old sliders do seem a favored point of entry for break-in, so making a couple of blocking rods is a good idea.