620 rear sliding window???

agouge888

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are desirable when in good shape but most of them rattle constantly while driving and are hard to find new seal for. I noticed some of them have a large metal spacer at the top that make them fit better and i think it looks bad(kc has bigger window than standard cab). Also think the bare aluminium ones stick out and don't look as nice as a flat one, but they are more practical.

• Like 1
On 2/17/2019 at 8:28 AM, agouge888 said:

Thanks guys.  I found one in a junk yard search yesterday from a regular cab. I had to cut thes  seal to remove the slider window. Do they take a stock rear seal,or a special seal just for the slider window?

thanks,

Andy

stock seal works

• 2 weeks later...

Desirable? To me, yes. They really help with airflow on hot days.  

I found that 620 sliders are hard to find....and the  ones (not tha same as the standard cab, are even more rare.  

That being said, i simply send a kc rear window seal with my kc slider.  

Before installing, however, I disassembled the slider, cleaned everything, and replaced the old felts.  No rattles.

These old sliders do seem a favored point of entry for break-in, so making a couple of blocking rods is a good idea.

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2019 at 7:27 AM, Gery said:

Desirable? To me, yes. They really help with airflow on hot days.  

I found that 620 sliders are hard to find....and the  ones (not tha same as the standard cab, are even more rare.  

That being said, i simply send a kc rear window seal with my kc slider.  

Before installing, however, I disassembled the slider, cleaned everything, and replaced the old felts.  No rattles.

These old sliders do seem a favored point of entry for break-in, so making a couple of blocking rods is a good idea.

do you have a source for the slider felts? mine rattles like crazy when its open

Mine hasn’t needed to be refelted....but, I have used the fuzzy side of Velcro in a similar situation.  Industrial, self sticking is best (fine online).  Also, have on hand a set of picks, a couple of chop sticks, forceps/tweezers (to remove backing cover as you move along ) and a putty knife.  Getting the sticky backed Velcro down in the slots, though challenging, can be done with patience.

BTW, I also use a couple of rods in my windows when not open.  The sliders are an easy way to break into your truck. You can even dip the ends of the rods in Dip-It to keep them from adding yet another rattle to your collection of driving sounds.

2 hours ago, Gery said:

Mine hasn’t needed to be refelted....but, I have used the fuzzy side of Velcro in a similar situation.  Industrial, self sticking is best (fine online).  Also, have on hand a set of picks, a couple of chop sticks, forceps/tweezers (to remove backing cover as you move along ) and a putty knife.  Getting the sticky backed Velcro down in the slots, though challenging, can be done with patience.

BTW, I also use a couple of rods in my windows when not open.  The sliders are an easy way to break into your truck. You can even dip the ends of the rods in Dip-It to keep them from adding yet another rattle to your collection of driving sounds.

ahh that's a great idea. Does the sliders come out at all? Sounds like they don't from your description

Yes these are all aftermarket sliders and bloody hard to find now. I'd love to get one for the KC I'm building.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, Seeker > 620 KC said:

They are all aftermarket sliders, no matter what they look like.

For those of you with sliders in your 620's, do you see any manufacturing names on them?  If so, what are they.  Dont get excited about me having parts tho, I have one in my 521 and was curious if the same company was making them later on.   Mine rattles like a mofo, much like the rest of the truck.

I am interested in a slider Gene, if you have an extra. You can contact me via PM in order to keep this thread free from any sales effort, if I can figure out how to access it. I am interested in pictures, and if there is a rubber seal with it. And also how it would be packaged for shipping. As an ex-cabinetmaker I have some packaging ideas if you need them.

Don

• Like 1

By the way, my father-in-law was a cotton farmer for many years in the Laveen area. I've been to the Phoenix area just once. I helped my father-in-law put a hydrostatic motor back into a cotton picker. It was close to midnight on a January night, and I was not wearing a shirt to keep my shirts clean. It was warm enough for me that I was comfortable. We left by vehicle for Oregon a couple days later, moving my wife's parents.

Don 

Edited by 620slodat
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...