Ka24e swap?

720_potter

so I know in the past I asked about a de swap, but instead for now I just want another reliable engine for the future. I just wanted to know how simple it is to swap a Napz to a ka24e engine out of a d21 hardbody. and how easy would it be to swap it into my automatic transmission?

Thanks, Cameron P.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, 720_potter said:

so I know in the past I asked about a de swap, but instead for now I just want another reliable engine for the future. I just wanted to know how simple it is to swap a Napz to a ka24e engine out of a d21 hardbody. and how easy would it be to swap it into my automatic transmission?

Thanks, Cameron P.

The KA and the Z series as so close to the same mounting position as to be virtually the same. See ]2eDeYe for his engine mounts.  A KA transmission will bolt to a Z series so it's not a stretch that a Z24 automatic and flex plate will bolt to a KA. You will need a vacuum supply from the KA's intake for the Z automatic but other than that that's it for the transmission..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

The KA and the Z series as so close to the same mounting position as to be virtually the same. See ]2eDeYe for his engine mounts.  A KA transmission will bolt to a Z series so it's not a stretch that a Z24 automatic and flex plate will bolt to a KA. You will need a vacuum supply from the KA's intake for the Z automatic but other than that that's it for the transmission..

Thanks ? that helps a lot

• Like 1

The KA will fit, you can use the Z series radiator, Steve's engine mounts, the transmission isn't a problem. The rest might be oil pan fit, grafting the exhaust down pipe to the 720s pipe and wiring it up. The D21 EFI wiring is integral with the engine harness and a lot of trouble to separate. The 240sx's EFI is nicer looking and the wiring is separate and easier to remove and work with than the D21. Just sayin' that if a 240sx EFI and harness were available....   

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The KA will fit, you can use the Z series radiator, Steve's engine mounts, the transmission isn't a problem. The rest might be oil pan fit, grafting the exhaust down pipe to the 720s pipe and wiring it up. The D21 EFI wiring is integral with the engine harness and a lot of trouble to separate. The 240sx's EFI is nicer looking and the wiring is separate and easier to remove and work with than the D21. Just sayin' that if a 240sx EFI and harness were available....   

Ight I'll look into that as well, thanks again

• Like 1