LeadrBike

1974 Datsun 620 Wiper Switch Options

So I picked up this truck a while ago and the guy I bought it from had a jumper wire to start the windshield wipers because he didn’t have the switch. I’m unable to find the correct wiper switch for the ‘74 model and was wondering if any of the other model years would work “plug n play” style. Or even which wires I could put the jumper back into, because the jumper wire got ripped out and I forgot which plugs it went into.

I believe the '73-'79 will all fit and work but the plugs on the end are most likely different. But none of this matters really as long as it's wired in and works.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I believe the '73-'79 will all fit and work but the plugs on the end are most likely different. But none of this matters really as long as it's wired in and works.

I agree I just didn’t know if the plugs would be the same or not on those years. Hopefully it ain’t too much wiring work lol.

Plugs became more standardized after '74. They may be the same.

• Thanks 1

Any options for adding intermittent wiper option?  I’ve considered adding a momentary switch to get a single swipe but this seems awkward.  (‘78 620)

It would be the same as pulling the wiper switch on and off. The 80 and up 200sx, 720, Maxima and 280zx had them. Was an option on earlier vehicles even the late 620 I think. Some had an adjustable delay. You will need the amplifier box, usually down by the steering column on the 720 and you have to wire it in. Can be done.

Thank you.