B210 dogleg 5 speed in B310/210

sunny310

So I'm doing a manual swap soon on my 79 210. Having a hard time finding a B310 5 speed box...keep finding 4 speeds. But I did find 2 B210 5 speeds on car-part.com so Im wondering what would I need for it to work in my car. I know it bolts right up but I know they are different from the regular 60A box.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Morris Garages crowd discovered that the Datsun 60A was a pretty good up grade for their sports cars and ate them all up.

Well the 63A is a dogleg shift with reverse above first and the 60L is regular H pattern.

Length should be the same or it will need driveshaft work. No idea on the mount location.

The 60A has a 3.513 first gear ratio while the 63A is 3.382. Both overdrives are very similar

FWIW....I have put 60 series trannys in a 1200 without too much jickyness. I would think if you are going from auto to manual the mounting should be close.

I have a 60 series 4 speed laying in the shop and also a 60 series 5 speed, do you need pics? Both of these trannys came out of 210's

11 minutes ago, KELMO said:

FWIW....I have put 60 series trannys in a 1200 without too much jickyness. I would think if you are going from auto to manual the mounting should be close.

I have a 60 series 4 speed laying in the shop and also a 60 series 5 speed, do you need pics? Both of these trannys came out of 210's

Yeah man show me some pics!!

If your car was an automatic the 63 series box should fit in the tunnel. I do not remember what auto is in the 210s but I'm assuming it was the 71 series auto so again you should be able to fit the smaller 63 series. Addtionally it may use the same driveshaft.

You will have to fabricate a tranny mount but that can be done using a flat piece of steel. This is what I did to fit the 60 series 5 speed in my 1200 coupe.