510 Wiper Motor Help

Hey gang, I'm new around here. I finally picked up a '71 510 wagon a few months ago after wanting one for years.

The project I started on day 1 was getting the wiper system to work. After repairing all of the linkage and trying to get the motor rebuilt, I decided to just go for the swap to a new wiper motor but I cannot figure out the wiring.

Here is the motor I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M03B258?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

None of the wiring diagrams I've found for the motor seem to match since it's a reproduction.

I'd really appreciate some help if anyone has experience with this swap. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope someone chimes in with what you're looking for. If not, find the wiring diagram for that year Honda Civic Del Sol to identify negative ground, low and high positive power. Once you have that you can test the motor to make sure it works, and you can find the same for the 510's wiring on any manual. 10 minutes on Google

• Like 1

It turns out my wiring was correct and the problem was a blown fuse.

i appreciate the reply but rest assured I did my due diligence of searching the web before I created my own post. I had hit a wall since I had believed my wiring scheme wasn't working which is why I posted. Not the kind of person to cry for help without trying to save myself first ?

• Like 1

Wiper motors are confusing to most, the Datsun 521/720 wiper motor has only one positive wire going in, the rest are grounds, you wire the positive wire to the positive post, then start touching the other wires one at a time to the negative post to find each mode(fast/slow/intermittent/return), but you have to have the correct wire on the positive post otherwise you will have direct shorts when trying wires, as negative wire to negative wire on the wiper motor to the battery is a direct short.

15 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

I got no help on your actual problem but very interested in what your doing... What made you pick that wiper motor??   Was it a write-up somewhere??    Link?  

Pics of your mounting ? . 

I chose this motor because it bolts right on to the original mounting plate with any modifications. The wiring is as simple as I thought it was but the blown fuse made me think I had made a mistake.

i'll take some pictures for you later when I have more time but it's actually pretty straight forward.