D21 Roll Call

dukerollo

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duke, I am surprised you have not had a reply.

I have had two D21's an '88 and currently a '95. My '88 I bought with about 130k mi on it and sold it at 210k mi. My '95 I bought with about 160k mi and it has 190k mi.

I do like this series of truck and the 4 wheel drive has been dependable. There were lots of options available and I find a couple on CL here in the NW.

On my '95 and I am looking at rebuilding the KA24, it smokes and has low oil pressure.

A couple of things to look for are the compression rods and that pesky carrier bearing rubber.

The comp rods hog out the mounting point in the frame. I had to have mine welded up and new bushings.

The two piece drive line carrier bearing is easy to replace, I have done it 4 or 5 times. The rubber is the part that fails.

I lost some pictures I had due to pbucket and my computer having issues.

If I did not have my roadster project, I would be doing some serious upgrades to my '95.

Let us know what you get.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had my 95 since i got my permit (15 years) and i love it.. always finding something to do with it

When i was a kid i had it on 31s and beat it to all hell in the woods but since then i have lowered it and its a cruiser now 

But by far one of the best trucks iv ever owned 

RoWlz8t.jpg

ipZwMNp.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I just picked one of these up as a project myself... turbo ka single cab...heres a link to pics of my new ongoing project

https://ibb.co/album/nG6a0a

I just bought it off a kid who bought an Ebay turbo kit and got in over his head lol. I took a bunch of photos highlighting all the dangerous stupidity I have to fix but after tearing it down today I'm confident it can be fixed

• 7 months later...

The current state of affairs...

FuBu2Bl.jpg

348,000 miles and still ticking. So far I have just been catching up on the maintenance it has never had (and lowered it). The plug gap was .125”, for example. I’m surprised it ran. I really like it so far. 

Edited by dukerollo
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, Lockleaf said:

DId you guys graft front fenders into the bed?

Yep, saw a guy in Cali do it on his drift truck so I took a similar approach. Widened the rear by 2.25" on each side.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Hello. I am new here. Was wondering if anyone wants to help me do a head gasket on a 1986 D21.

I am in Los Angeles.

Hope this is the right place to post this. We can also take photos and do a nice write up.

Might want to do timing chain also. Maybe we photograph and write up. Z24