b310/210 f4w60 4-Speed Trans Rebuild Kits

f1ndM3aTaco

Hey peoples of the internet,

I was trying to find a rebuild kit for my 4 speed tranny, f4w60, but it looks like there are only kits w/o synchros.

The only kits w/synchros that I have found available are for the 5 speed FS5W60L (Rally shift).

How different is the 5 speed rebuild kit from the 4 speed? Is it the same but w/synchros and one extra one, or does it have different bearings and seals too?

Meanwhile I'll continue cross referencing on datsun1200 so I might just answer my own question, but I'm hoping someone else might already have an answer or has rebuilt one or two of these tranny's already in the past.

Cheers

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The good news is the 5 synchros are all the same and are the same as the 4 speed. Some of the bearings are the same some are not....

This is more or less what I've found from comparing part numbers between the different transmissions. So it seems like I'll have to buy the 4 speed kit w/o synchros in order to get the right bearings, and the 5 speed kit w/synchros in order to get well... the synchros.

Little annoying but I guess that's just how it's gotta be then huh?

• 3 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, f1ndM3aTaco said:

I was trying to find a rebuild kit for my 4 speed tranny, f4w60, but it looks like there are only kits w/o synchros.

The only kits w/synchros that I have found available are for the 5 speed FS5W60L (Rally shift).

Out of curiosity, where did you find these kits? I need to rebuild mine aswell 😅

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, UrJaY79 said:

Out of curiosity, where did you find these kits? I need to rebuild mine aswell 😅

So I went to drivetrain.com

That link should take you to exactly the page that has Datsun transmission rebuild kits. I called them to ask about f4w60 rebuild kits and they said they don't have kits with synchros for either f4w60 or the five speed kits. They might have gotten more recently but I haven't called in a while. There was a different website that I found that would let you buy synchros direct from Japan but I forget what that was 🤷‍♂️ 😅 I'll try to get back to you on that one. datsun1200.com also has a page on synchros that shows what their part numbers are depending on what trans you have.