Introduction

Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. Have a 1969 Mexican Datsun. Had it for about 2 years and finally brought it home in September. Just need to get to TxDot and register it. Hoping to do somethings to it, but nothing too radical. Just wanna enjoy it. I already posted in an electrical thread looking for help. So I'm glad I found this forum. 

290y913.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The engine. The US and Canada got L series L16s. I know Mexico didn't. We got a J (series)13 in the early 520 and 521 so I thought maybe Mexico might have also. The A series is somewhat similar to the J series and are both OHV where the L series are OHC.

J15 is nice.

Holy frejoles I love the tucked front bumper. That looks awesome. One thing you need to be aware of is that Mexican spec sedan has a straight rear axle and not the trailing arm independent rear suspension the US model has. If you want ideas on how to improve that suspension (brakes, lowering, limited slip differential, etc) check out what the 510 wagon guys are doing here. The US spec 510 wagon has the same leaf spring setup as yours. 

Welcome to the loony bin Tex. ??

8 hours ago, paradime said:

Holy frejoles I love the tucked front bumper. That looks awesome. One thing you need to be aware of is that Mexican spec sedan has a straight rear axle and not the trailing arm independent rear suspension the US model has. If you want ideas on how to improve that suspension (brakes, lowering, limited slip differential, etc) check out what the 510 wagon guys are doing here. The US spec 510 wagon has the same leaf spring setup as yours. 

Welcome to the loony bin Tex. ??

Yes, one of the first things I learned about the Mexican produced ones. My question is, I'm still learning the layout, is there a specific section for the wagons? Or is it all lumped in together with the 510 discussion room? I do want to lower it just a tad, but I am lost as to how to get it done on the solid axle suspension. TIA