BrothersGarage

BrothersGarage - 1971 521

Whelp, only broke all the studs but 2 - even broke both screw heads on the middle brace by the backup light, but as rusted though as it was I am not suprised.

AIzUrKB.png

After a bit of clean up - you can see how good the bucket is

BTTYXVS.png

here is a close up of the crack in the lens 

oi1rLq5.png

Got her glued up and braced

piSXWhj.png

but I started running out of light, so I busted out the girlfriends hair dryer and sped up the process , then ran over the face of the lens with some 220 grit wet sand paper to finish it off

NJx5vZ1.png

And into the parts bin the lens and housing go. 

• Like 4

I got a lovely pair of 521 straight tail light frames, painted with PPG DPLF epoxy primer, and then gloss black Dupont Centari.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DanielC said:

I got a lovely pair of 521 straight tail light frames, painted with PPG DPLF epoxy primer, and then gloss black Dupont Centari.

SoupyCarelessKagu-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

Do you need taillights ? I have good lens and backings with 1 powder coated frame. Let me know. 

• Like 4

On 5/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Do you need taillights ? I have good lens and backings with 1 powder coated frame. Let me know. 

Thanks bud, I may hit you up but for now I am all set thanks to Dan. I now have a mint set that will go on this green truck, and the set that is currently on it will go one ole Blue when he's up and running.  

That leaves me with 2 extra back housings, 1 extra 'repaired' lens like above, 1 lens missing a reflector, 3 good reverse light lens. (and the 2 roached tail light frames) 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, mrbigtanker said:

mrbigtanker:  i need tail lights please. just let me get the 1's off your 521...lol

Edited by gene knight
  • Haha 1

Jakesmakes on Facebook making repop tail lights and housings.  Look him up...good shit. 

• Like 2